Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > is this legit?

is this legit?

Max

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, ICee
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> At least they're honest enough to call it a scheme. I look forward to
> your report.

Sure they are.
"Scheme" just means it's planned, nothing negative.

Dr Hackenbush

"cpt Bollox" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.juiceboosted.com/index.ph...d=1&Id=hvh2nbr
>
> the page is fine, just doesnt sound believable

Sounds like that other speeder upper that the UK Pc mags have been going on
about.

On Speed or something like that. If it is, it works by compressing the pages
that you are d/loading, the graphics mainly so that they get on your screen
faster. But it makes no difference to files like .mp3 that you might want to
d/load.
It gets pretty good reviews though.

Dr Hackenbush

"Dr Hackenbush" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:iSDVc.61$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "cpt Bollox" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > http://www.juiceboosted.com/index.ph...d=1&Id=hvh2nbr
> >
> > the page is fine, just doesnt sound believable
> >

> Sounds like that other speeder upper that the UK Pc mags have been going

on
> about.
>
> On Speed or something like that. If it is, it works by compressing the

pages
> that you are d/loading, the graphics mainly so that they get on your

screen
> faster. But it makes no difference to files like .mp3 that you might want

> d/load.
> It gets pretty good reviews though.

Just had another mosey and it doesnt even start until October. It states
that it uses a different kind of compression

Rick Merrill

Max wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, ICee
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>At least they're honest enough to call it a scheme. I look forward to
>>your report.

> Sure they are.
> "Scheme" just means it's planned, nothing negative.

In the context of computers, you are correct, unless the word
is capitalized, in which case "Scheme" is the name of a computer
language (like Lisp).

In English in general, scheme DOES have negative connotations, as in
'the robbers schemed how to lift a bundle.' - RM