Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > IE gone Crazy!!

IE gone Crazy!!

Ronald Singer

When I open IE the home page may be a porn site or any other random site and
if I get a page to come up from my favorites and you click on anything on
that page you never know where you will go. do I have a virus and if so
would anyone know which and how to get rid of it.

Ron Singer

install, upgrade and run ALL ALL ALL of the following programs!!!

list courtesy of °Mike°:

Download, update and use ALL of the following -- even
if you already have them installed, UPDATE THEM NOW.
Malware changes by the day, even by the hour, so you MUST
have the latest version of removal tools:

Spybot Search & Destroy
http://spybot.safer-networking.de/en/index.html
http://spybot.eon.net.au/
SpyBot S&D guide

Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
http://www.lavasoft.nu/
http://www.lavasoft.de/
Ad-Aware VX2 cleaner plug-in
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/...2cleaner.shtml
http://www.lavasoft.nu/software/plug...2cleaner.shtml
http://www.lavasoft.de/software/plug...2cleaner.shtml
IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Spyware Blaster
http://www.net-integration.net/tools...reblaster.html

CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
http://doxdesk.com/parasite/CoolWebSearch.html

If you are unable to download any of the files here and are redirected to a
porn page, search page or just denied access to the file, try these
alternate links that should always work:

HijackThis direct download:
http://209.133.47.12/~merijn/files/HijackThis.exe

CWShredder direct download:
http://209.133.47.12/~merijn/files/CWShredder.exe

The redirection is probably because of a Coolwebsearch variant
(CWS.Aff.Tooncomics or CWS.Dreplace) that intercepts your download to
prevent downloading my programs.

"Ronald Singer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I open IE the home page may be a porn site or any other random site

and
> if I get a page to come up from my favorites and you click on anything on
> that page you never know where you will go. do I have a virus and if so
> would anyone know which and how to get rid of it.
>
> Ron Singer

SA

Try hijackthis www.download.com.
"Ronald Singer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I open IE the home page may be a porn site or any other random site

and
> if I get a page to come up from my favorites and you click on anything on
> that page you never know where you will go. do I have a virus and if so
> would anyone know which and how to get rid of it.
>
> Ron Singer

DC

Ronald Singer wrote:
> When I open IE the home page may be a porn site or any other random site and
> if I get a page to come up from my favorites and you click on anything on
> that page you never know where you will go.

"Microsoft. You won't believe where you'll end up, today." };O)

> do I have a virus and if so would anyone know which and how to get rid of it.

Browser hijack - it's an IE feature. Follow the advice given by "D",
eariler to help rid your system of nasties.

Then, install a real browser and dump Interminable Exploiter.

http://www.mozilla.org

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

gone wireless Wireless Networking 1 02-16-2005 08:03 PM
where has my nerwork gone? pedd Wireless Networking 0 10-09-2004 01:58 AM
When they're gone, they could be gone for good... Richard DVD Video 10 06-02-2004 07:13 AM
Where's the folder gone? LadySpudz Firefox 16 04-06-2004 10:49 AM
mozdev gone away? David Harrison Firefox 6 12-11-2003 01:13 AM

Advertisments