Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Dividing a large wav file into smaller pieces

Dividing a large wav file into smaller pieces

Marco Bakker

Hi

This might not be the right group for this post but I could not find the
right group for my question

I would like to know if it is possible to divide a large wav file ( e.g. 1,4
GB) into smaller pieces ( e.g. 2 x 700MB) using a simple tool.

Can someone give me a name of that kind of tool or software program? Is
there maybe a freeware tool that can do this?

Kind Regards

burris

Marco Bakker wrote:

> Hi
>
> This might not be the right group for this post but I could not find the
> right group for my question
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to divide a large wav file ( e.g. 1,4
> GB) into smaller pieces ( e.g. 2 x 700MB) using a simple tool.
>
> Can someone give me a name of that kind of tool or software program? Is
> there maybe a freeware tool that can do this?
>
> Kind Regards

These work for me....

http://www.homepages.hetnet.nl/~mjmlooijmans/cdwave/

http://claudiosoft.online.fr/wavsplit.html

burris

Andy Kelly

> I would like to know if it is possible to divide a large wav file ( e.g.

1,4
> GB) into smaller pieces ( e.g. 2 x 700MB) using a simple tool.
>
> Can someone give me a name of that kind of tool or software program? Is
> there maybe a freeware tool that can do this?

Goldwave will do it www.goldwave.com and all sorts of stuff with audio
files. A great piece of software.

Silly Billy

I presume that you are wanting to save the file to CD and that is the reason
for splitting. Have you considered converting it to MP3 and saving it to CD?
You will not notice any difference in sound quality and your file will be
about the ten times smaller. Here is a link for a free converter maybe you
could try. I don't use this prog. myself and can't comment on it but if is
not suitable do a search in Google for a free converter. I got the link in
Google.

http://www.riverpast.com/en/prod/waveatmp3/download.php

news:(E-Mail Removed)...