Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > resizing a photo in microsoft photo

resizing a photo in microsoft photo

Angel thoughts

Hi
I am trying to size a photo to print at 6 inches by 4 inches. everytime I
put in these measurements it automatically says a different size. I have
gone to image and then resize but my measurements will not stay put. help
really frustrated and naffed off.
angel

A String

Do you have the "Keep Aspect Ratio" set? If so, remove it. Only problem
is, you will get the size you want, but it will be squished. The best way
to fix the problem is to set the pic to resize as close to what you want
(e.g.. 6 X 41/2 etc. or whatever it will go to that is close) and the "Crop"
out the extra stuff.

"Angel thoughts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsOnVc.425$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> I am trying to size a photo to print at 6 inches by 4 inches. everytime I
> put in these measurements it automatically says a different size. I have
> gone to image and then resize but my measurements will not stay put. help
> really frustrated and naffed off.
> angel

Gary G. Taylor

Angel thoughts wrote:

> Hi
> I am trying to size a photo to print at 6 inches by 4 inches. everytime I
> put in these measurements it automatically says a different size. I have
> gone to image and then resize but my measurements will not stay put. help
> really frustrated and naffed off.
> angel

Just change ONE of the dimensions, not both, and let the program take care
of the other. The proportions of the photo may not match the values you've
put in.
--
Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA