Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Problem with Norton,

Problem with Norton,

lethal

I am having problems with Norton Antivirus stopping outlook express from
letting my Send/Receive mail , I was told by Shaw who is my server to untick
the incoming and outgoing scanning of the program, I have done that and it
is working..
I am now afraid to get viruses with my emails.
Is there a way to set the outlook express or Norton so they can both work
together please any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all for your help.

rikka

"lethal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> I am having problems with Norton Antivirus stopping outlook
> express from letting my Send/Receive mail , I was told by Shaw
> who is my server to untick the incoming and outgoing scanning of
> the program, I have done that and it is working..
> I am now afraid to get viruses with my emails.
> Is there a way to set the outlook express or Norton so they can
> both work together please any suggestion would be greatly
> appreciated. Thank you all for your help.

does norton have Help file or manual that came with cd?

have you been to their forum online?

pcbutts1

Check with Norton and see if they have an update to fix that. It is the
Netsky virus that causes it.

"lethal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I am having problems with Norton Antivirus stopping outlook express from
> letting my Send/Receive mail , I was told by Shaw who is my server to
> untick
> the incoming and outgoing scanning of the program, I have done that and it
> is working..
> I am now afraid to get viruses with my emails.
> Is there a way to set the outlook express or Norton so they can both work
> together please any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
> Thank you all for your help.

Buffalo

"lethal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I am having problems with Norton Antivirus stopping outlook express

from
> letting my Send/Receive mail , [snip]

I have no idea what you mean by the above statement.
I'm happy to see that others 'somehow' see what you're saying.
I use Win98SE and OE and Norton and do not have a problem having
Norton set to check emails, both Sending and Receiving.

ImhoTech

news:8QcVc.28259$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net...
> Check with Norton and see if they have an update to fix that. It is the
> Netsky virus that causes it.
>
> --

Do you have a reference with details on how Netsky causes this?

ImhoTech

"lethal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I am having problems with Norton Antivirus stopping outlook express from
> letting my Send/Receive mail , I was told by Shaw who is my server to

untick
> the incoming and outgoing scanning of the program, I have done that and it
> is working..
> I am now afraid to get viruses with my emails.
> Is there a way to set the outlook express or Norton so they can both work
> together please any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
> Thank you all for your help.

If NAV is working and up to date, you're still safe without the delivery
scan. Manually run live update to make sure you have all available updates,
then re-tick the option for incoming scan if you wish. The outgoing scan is
unnecessary.

lethal

Thanks "ImhoTech"and all the others for the help. My problem is now
resolved.

"ImhoTech" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "lethal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > I am having problems with Norton Antivirus stopping outlook express from
> > letting my Send/Receive mail , I was told by Shaw who is my server to

> untick
> > the incoming and outgoing scanning of the program, I have done that and

it
> > is working..
> > I am now afraid to get viruses with my emails.
> > Is there a way to set the outlook express or Norton so they can both

work
> > together please any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
> > Thank you all for your help.
> >

> If NAV is working and up to date, you're still safe without the delivery
> scan. Manually run live update to make sure you have all available

updates,
> then re-tick the option for incoming scan if you wish. The outgoing scan

is
> unnecessary.

Buffalo

> Thanks "ImhoTech"and all the others for the help. My problem is now
> resolved.

How did you resolve it?
You answer may help others.
Glad you fixed it.
PS: Sorry I didn't understand the problem originally.

lethal

All I did is what you told me.On the Norton scan mail program, I ticked the
incoming mail to be scan and left the outgoing mail without the tick and so
far (Hum) it is working good.
Hope it last and I don't send any one any virus!!!!
thanks again.