Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > CD-ROM Drive not detecting any CD's?

CD-ROM Drive not detecting any CD's?

Leonardo

Everything was working fine till last night now when I try to
play any kind of CD in my CD-ROM Drive it wont play when checking the
drive windows wont recognizes it but it says to Please insert a disk
in drive E but the CD is already there ...what could be going wrong?
Around the time this append I was trying to set up Exact Audio Copy
could this application have anything to do with this?

I am running on
Intel Pentium lll
868 MHz
128 0f RAM
Windows XP Pro

Thank you!

CD-ROM Drive not detecting any CD's?

joevan

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 20:29:08 -0400, Leonardo <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> Everything was working fine till last night now when I try to
>play any kind of CD in my CD-ROM Drive it wont play when checking the
>drive windows wont recognizes it but it says to Please insert a disk
>in drive E but the CD is already there ...what could be going wrong?
>Around the time this append I was trying to set up Exact Audio Copy
>could this application have anything to do with this?
>
>I am running on
> Intel Pentium lll
> 868 MHz
> 128 0f RAM
> Windows XP Pro
>
>Thank you!
>
>CD-ROM Drive not detecting any CD's?

What new programs have you added?
Did you do a restart. What is Exact Audio Copy?
Sounds like that has something to do with your problem.
Remove it and try again.
joevan

Dimitris

If your CD-ROM is as old as your PC then it is propably cause it is just
old. It must have reached EOL. First symptom of a dying CD-ROM is not
reading recordable CDs. Then Audio CDs. (or vice-versa). Then it dies on
you. Tough luck. Better consider buying a new one, if this is the case
(which is most propable).
Hope this helped.

"Leonardo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Everything was working fine till last night now when I try to
> play any kind of CD in my CD-ROM Drive it wont play when checking the
> drive windows wont recognizes it but it says to Please insert a disk
> in drive E but the CD is already there ...what could be going wrong?
> Around the time this append I was trying to set up Exact Audio Copy
> could this application have anything to do with this?
>
> I am running on
> Intel Pentium lll
> 868 MHz
> 128 0f RAM