Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > System.NullReferenceException occurred in Unknown Module

System.NullReferenceException occurred in Unknown Module

William

I have seen many other posts about this error:

"An unhandled exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException'
occurred in Unknown Module.

Additional information: Object reference not set to an instance of an
object."

And if you break it informs you that "there is not source code
available for the current location".

However all of them related to a certain application type and it was
recommended that they reinstall the Visual Studio .NET. However I
have made multiple applications of the same type (Windows Application
in VB) and they all compiled flawlessly. When I first encountered
this error in my programm I went through and put a try catch clause in
nearly ever function. It did not catch the error and I have finally
traced the bug to occur only when I click a control whose event
handeler is set using this line of code:

AddHandler aPalette.HostGroupBox.Click, AddressOf ClickHandler

Now there is a linked list of objects that all use the same click
handeler and the error only seems to occur directly after the form
appears so perhaps it is still adding the handeler. Also, the
application runs fine if I click continue after the error. If anyone
has encountered this error or has any advice on it, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks,

William