Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > The most simplest way to split a avi

The most simplest way to split a avi

Edward Doyle

I have a large avi movie and want to be able to put it on to disk or even
disks as it is bigger than 700mb and i do not have a dvd burner so i cant
put it on to a dvd blank and want to know whats the easiest program to use
to be able to split an avi into two parts as i tried one on the net and the
trial avi splitter didnt let me split large files whats the name of a simple
one that i could split a large avi up with and easy to use, as i tried easy
avi splitter and I didnt know how to use it.

---

°Mike°

Chainsaw
http://www.schmeusser.siw.de/software/chainsaw.html

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 17:54:48 +0000 (UTC), in
<cg0556$dl9$(E-Mail Removed)>
Edward Doyle scrawled:

>I have a large avi movie and want to be able to put it on to disk or even
>disks as it is bigger than 700mb and i do not have a dvd burner so i cant
>put it on to a dvd blank and want to know whats the easiest program to use
>to be able to split an avi into two parts as i tried one on the net and the
>trial avi splitter didnt let me split large files whats the name of a simple
>one that i could split a large avi up with and easy to use, as i tried easy
>avi splitter and I didnt know how to use it.

<snip broken AVG signature>

--
Basic computer maintenance

Lisa Taylor

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Chainsaw
> http://www.schmeusser.siw.de/software/chainsaw.html

===============
Thank you for that link Mike, it is a superb program for splitting files to
email them.
Lisa

°Mike°

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 20:39:48 +0100, in
<4123b087$0$8491$(E-Mail Removed)>
Lisa Taylor scrawled:

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Chainsaw
>> http://www.schmeusser.siw.de/software/chainsaw.html
>>

>===============
>Thank you for that link Mike, it is a superb program for splitting
>files to email them.
>Lisa

You're welcome.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Lazarus

I think the guy wants to split the file into 2 VIEWABLE parts not 2 data
chunks!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Chainsaw
> http://www.schmeusser.siw.de/software/chainsaw.html
>

> On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 17:54:48 +0000 (UTC), in
> <cg0556$dl9$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Edward Doyle scrawled:
>
> >I have a large avi movie and want to be able to put it on to disk or even
> >disks as it is bigger than 700mb and i do not have a dvd burner so i cant
> >put it on to a dvd blank and want to know whats the easiest program to

use
> >to be able to split an avi into two parts as i tried one on the net and

the
> >trial avi splitter didnt let me split large files whats the name of a

simple
> >one that i could split a large avi up with and easy to use, as i tried

easy
> >avi splitter and I didnt know how to use it.
> >

> <snip broken AVG signature>
>
> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

Where did he/she say, or even imply, that?

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 21:44:23 +0000 (UTC), in
<cg0ijm$lnp$(E-Mail Removed)>
Lazarus scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Lazarus

All over the place including in here today!!!!
It was pretty obvious thats what the guy wanted even without stating it!

I have an avi which I split up into two parts as it was to large to put onto
one disk and now wish to know how to convert it to mpeg so that I can then
watch it on my stand alone dvd player and could you tell me of such a
program that is easy and simple enough to understand for a beginner.

---

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Where did he/she say, or even imply, that?
>

> On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 21:44:23 +0000 (UTC), in
> <cg0ijm$lnp$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Lazarus scrawled:
>
> >I think the guy wants to split the file into 2 VIEWABLE parts not 2 data
> >chunks!
> >

> >"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Chainsaw
> >> http://www.schmeusser.siw.de/software/chainsaw.html
> >>

> >> On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 17:54:48 +0000 (UTC), in
> >> <cg0556$dl9$(E-Mail Removed)>
> >> Edward Doyle scrawled:

even

cant

> >use

and
> >the

> >simple

> >easy
> >> >

> >> <snip broken AVG signature>
> >>

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 18:25:49 +0000 (UTC), in
<cg2rbd$enp$(E-Mail Removed)>
Lazarus scrawled:

>All over the place including in here today!!!!

Quite convenient for you, AFTER the event, eh?
Nowhere did the OP say, or imply that until AFTER
it was mentioned.

Original post: 10:55:10 PST
Second post, clarifying what was meant: 17:44:04 PST

>It was pretty obvious thats what the guy wanted even without stating it!

No, it wasn't, that's why I asked.

<snip>

Please turn off the broken AVG signature.

<snip broken AVG signature>

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

Lazarus

no not in here but in other places and it makes no difference anyway
..........99 out a 100 people who asked how to split an AVI file would want
the parts to be viewable!!!

By the way he also posted to a CLOSED newsgroup!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 18:25:49 +0000 (UTC), in
> <cg2rbd$enp$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Lazarus scrawled:
>
> >All over the place including in here today!!!!

> Quite convenient for you, AFTER the event, eh?
> Nowhere did the OP say, or imply that until AFTER
> it was mentioned.
>
> Original post: 10:55:10 PST
> Second post, clarifying what was meant: 17:44:04 PST
>

> >It was pretty obvious thats what the guy wanted even without stating it!

> No, it wasn't, that's why I asked.
>
> <snip>
>

> Please turn off the broken AVG signature.
>
> <snip broken AVG signature>
>

> <snip>
>
> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 18:59:13 +0000 (UTC), in
<cg2ta0$r0k$(E-Mail Removed)>
Lazarus scrawled:

>no not in here but in other places

Well, gee, I guess I should have been more psychic!

>and it makes no difference anyway
>.........99 out a 100 people who asked how to split an AVI
>file would want the parts to be viewable!!!

Nonsense. Those figures are just in your head; there
are a myriad of reasons for wanting to split files.

>By the way he also posted to a CLOSED newsgroup!

And that is supposed to prove what?

--
Basic computer maintenance