Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > The D drive mystery deepens.......

The D drive mystery deepens.......

Captain Dunsil

The other day I asked for help because my secondary hard drive, D, could not
be recognized. I got some helpfull answers and last night sat down to try
an fix the problem. However......I discovered something very sttrange.
Now, for some unknown reason, my CD drive ( which was the E drive) is named
D, my CD burner drive (which was the F drive) is now labeled E, and what
used to be my 20 gig hard drive D is labeled 'removeable drive F'.
AARRGGHH....any more ideas? TIA

Livewire

In article <41234600$0$21756$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> The other day I asked for help because my secondary hard drive, D, could not
> be recognized. I got some helpfull answers and last night sat down to try
> an fix the problem. However......I discovered something very sttrange.
> Now, for some unknown reason, my CD drive ( which was the E drive) is named
> D, my CD burner drive (which was the F drive) is now labeled E, and what
> used to be my 20 gig hard drive D is labeled 'removeable drive F'.
> AARRGGHH....any more ideas? TIA

There's a freeware called something like drive letter reassigner that
lets you choose your own letters for each drive (otherwise, as you've
found, Windows does it for you and you can't easily alter it). Ask at
alt.comp.freeware if you can't track the program down.

Pete

"Captain Dunsil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41234600$0$21756$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The other day I asked for help because my secondary hard drive, D, could

not
> be recognized. I got some helpfull answers and last night sat down to try
> an fix the problem. However......I discovered something very sttrange.
> Now, for some unknown reason, my CD drive ( which was the E drive) is

named
> D, my CD burner drive (which was the F drive) is now labeled E, and what
> used to be my 20 gig hard drive D is labeled 'removeable drive F'.
> AARRGGHH....any more ideas? TIA

Try Letter Assigner (Freeware) to relabel drives as you want
http://www.v72735.f2s.com/LetAssig/