Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > 200 GB hard drive is not found

200 GB hard drive is not found

Digs

I just installed a 200 GB hard drive as a 2nd hard drive on a Win XP 950 Mhz
computer. replacing a 10 GB hard drive that was there. Win XP had found the
hard drive in plug and play but it is not showing up under my computer as a
new drive. I am really lost and I am not sure if I am doing something right
Is there something I am missing I could use the help

Thank you

PC

"Digs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:I8wUc.153197$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> I just installed a 200 GB hard drive as a 2nd hard drive on a Win XP 950

Mhz
> computer. replacing a 10 GB hard drive that was there. Win XP had found

the
> hard drive in plug and play but it is not showing up under my computer as

> new drive. I am really lost and I am not sure if I am doing something

right
> Is there something I am missing I could use the help
>
> Thank you

Start
Help and Support
Enter "disk management" in to the search window at the top, click the
'Search Arrow'
Choose "Disk Management How to.." in the left window

Read!

Cheers
Paul

Drew McMahon

hear is a Microsoft link that may help you out...
http://support.microsoft.com/default...309000&sd=tech

"Digs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:I8wUc.153197$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>I just installed a 200 GB hard drive as a 2nd hard drive on a Win XP 950
>Mhz
> computer. replacing a 10 GB hard drive that was there. Win XP had found
> the
> hard drive in plug and play but it is not showing up under my computer as
> new drive. I am really lost and I am not sure if I am doing something
> right
> Is there something I am missing I could use the help
>
> Thank you

Harvster

did you check to see if the jumpers at the back of the drive are set
properly to act as a slave or master?
"Digs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:I8wUc.153197$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> I just installed a 200 GB hard drive as a 2nd hard drive on a Win XP 950

Mhz
> computer. replacing a 10 GB hard drive that was there. Win XP had found

the
> hard drive in plug and play but it is not showing up under my computer as

> new drive. I am really lost and I am not sure if I am doing something

right
> Is there something I am missing I could use the help
>
> Thank you

Jamco

you'll have to go into drive management and format it and partition it

"Digs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:I8wUc.153197$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>I just installed a 200 GB hard drive as a 2nd hard drive on a Win XP 950
>Mhz
> computer. replacing a 10 GB hard drive that was there. Win XP had found
> the
> hard drive in plug and play but it is not showing up under my computer as
> new drive. I am really lost and I am not sure if I am doing something
> right
> Is there something I am missing I could use the help
>
> Thank you

Dave Anderson

Digs wrote:
> I just installed a 200 GB hard drive as a 2nd hard drive on a Win XP 950 Mhz
> computer. replacing a 10 GB hard drive that was there. Win XP had found the
> hard drive in plug and play but it is not showing up under my computer as a
> new drive. I am really lost and I am not sure if I am doing something right
> Is there something I am missing I could use the help
>
> Thank you

here's one think to check, does your Bios see it, you might have to
update your Bios.

News

Go into the bios and run the "Auto Detect" for the Hard drive. Once it
shows up in there, it should show up in Windows as well. (Don't forget to
format the drive!)

news:j_OUc.23151$(E-Mail Removed). ..