--------------------------------
From: babu dhayal

i have deployed an assembly in the GAC by creating a strong namekey and then executing a command at .NET prompt gacutil.exe -iassemblyname.dll, but when i need to add this assembly inanother application, i dont find this assembly in the addreference dialog......so plz could u help me how to add it inadd reference dialog?

-----------------------

<Id>XmrAgrWUxUK/Vdt1iM4geg==</Id>

Raja Sekhara Reddy K

Pls try to copy the dll into a folder and give that folder name in the
registry path.
as dot net ide is using to load all the assemblies from the path given in
the registry.

Reg Key Path

My Computer\HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NetFrameWork\Ass emblyFolders

set the default value of your AssemblyFolders value to your physical folder
where you have added the signed dll files.
thanks .
raj

"babu dhayal via .NET 247" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
(Type your message here)

--------------------------------
From: babu dhayal

i have deployed an assembly in the GAC by creating a strong name key and
then executing a command at .NET prompt gacutil.exe -i assemblyname.dll, but
when i need to add this assembly in another application, i dont find this
assembly in the add reference dialog......so plz could u help me how to add
it in add reference dialog?

-----------------------

<Id>XmrAgrWUxUK/Vdt1iM4geg==</Id>

Nelson Xu

Install an Assembly in GAC (Global Assembly Cache)

Section 1: Create a strong name for assembly:
<1> Go to command prompt;
<2> Type C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\SDK\v1.1\Bin\;
<3> Type sn -k "C:\[PathInVSProject]\Projectname.snk"
<4> Add <Assembly: AssemblyKeyFile
("..\..\Projectname.snk")> to AssemblyInfo.vb in VS
project;
<Assembly: AssemblyTitle("")>
<Assembly: AssemblyDescription("")>
<Assembly: AssemblyCompany("")>
<Assembly: AssemblyProduct("")>
<Assembly: AssemblyCopyright("")>
<Assembly: AssemblyTrademark("")>
<Assembly: CLSCompliant(True)>
<Assembly: AssemblyKeyFile("..\..\projectname.snk")>

<5> Rebuild VS project(it will generate a new strong
named dll);

Section 2: Install assembly to GAC:
still points to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio .NET 2003\SDK\v1.1\Bin\;
<2> Type gacutil -I "C:\[PathToBinDirectoryInVSProject]
\projectname.dll"(if project is in release mode)
gacutil -I "C:\[PathToObj\DebugDirectoryInVSProject]
\projectname.dll"(if project is in debug mode)

Section 3: Register assembly entry in registry:
<1> Click Start - run, then type regedit to open registry;
<2> Go to
HEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework \Assembly
Folders\;
<3> Right click AssemblyFolders, then select new to
create a new key for your assembly(for example:
Security);
<4> Select Modify by right clicking Default, then enter
the location where your dll resides.

Now, you should be able to see the name of your dll from
the reference list when you open a VS project.

Good luck !