Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Restrict the user to a particular folder in OpenFileDialog Control

Restrict the user to a particular folder in OpenFileDialog Control

Paras Wadehra

Hi Friends,

Can anyone please help me with the OpenFileDialog Control in VB.Net? I want
the user to be restricted to a particular folder only for selecting a file,
i.e. they should not be able to change the directory in the OpenFileDialog!

Is there a way to implement this? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Paras Wadehra

You One Stop Entertainment Guide - http://www.paras.2ya.com/

=?Utf-8?B?U2F1cmFiaCBOYW5kdQ==?=

Hi,

There is no way in the Manged Open File Dialog to restrcit the user from
selecting from a particular directory only. I would suggest you use a listbox
and populate it with Directory.GetFiles listings to list all the files in
your current directory and then allow the user to choose only amongst them.

Regards,
Saurabh Nandu
[ www.AksTech.com ]
[ www.MasterCSharp.com ]

"Paras Wadehra" wrote:

> Hi Friends,
>
> Can anyone please help me with the OpenFileDialog Control in VB.Net? I want
> the user to be restricted to a particular folder only for selecting a file,
> i.e. they should not be able to change the directory in the OpenFileDialog!
>
> Is there a way to implement this? Please let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> Paras Wadehra
>
> You One Stop Entertainment Guide - http://www.paras.2ya.com/

restrict file access to only one particular user who enters correct password in web rajbala.3399@gmail.com Java 0 11-23-2006 09:38 AM
Restrict user if user directly types url of any page Jaydeep ASP .Net 3 06-30-2006 04:40 AM
OpenFileDialog? Jan ASP .Net 8 10-28-2003 10:24 PM
ASP control like OpenFileDialog Tabo ASP .Net 1 08-14-2003 01:11 PM
Problem With OpenFileDialog Wayne Wengert ASP .Net 0 08-11-2003 02:51 PM

Advertisments