Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Urgent advice needed please

Urgent advice needed please

Johnny 5

Hello,

I have some Jet Tec ink bottles and my 16 month old son has just been
handling one unknown to me and I have found him with red ink all around his
mouth and over his hands. I dont think he's ingested much but some
certainly went into his mouth. I have given him plenty to drink and washed
his hands thoriughly. Can anyone tell me if the ink is toxic or carcegonic
please I'm really worried.

Thanks.

Paul Blarmy

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 21:02:42 GMT, Johnny 5 wrote...

> I have some Jet Tec ink bottles and my 16 month old son has just been
> handling one unknown to me and I have found him with red ink all around his
> mouth and over his hands. I dont think he's ingested much but some
> certainly went into his mouth. I have given him plenty to drink and washed
> his hands thoriughly. Can anyone tell me if the ink is toxic or carcegonic
> please I'm really worried.

So worried that you are prepared to wait until you get a response (with
no guarantee of accuracy) from a newsgroup rather than seeking proper
medical advice?

Sheeesh.

--
EMail address is disposable and NEVER checked.
Outgoing message is certified VIRUS FREE by

MJP

"Johnny 5" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Sh9Uc.147165$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> Hello,
>
> I have some Jet Tec ink bottles and my 16 month old son has just been
> handling one unknown to me and I have found him with red ink all around

his
> mouth and over his hands. I dont think he's ingested much but some
> certainly went into his mouth. I have given him plenty to drink and

washed
> his hands thoriughly. Can anyone tell me if the ink is toxic or

carcegonic
> please I'm really worried.
>
> Thanks.

There is a material safety data sheet here

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/globalcitiz...45a_eng_v1.pdf

Read carefully do not get carried away with some of the warnings read them
in context.

°Mike°

If this is not a joke, why the hell haven't you rang
your local hospital's ER for IMMEDIATE medical advice?

See your subject line, up there ^^^ where it says "Urgent"?

This is NOT a subject for newsgroup discussion/advice.
Get medical help NOW -- take your son to the hospital
Emergency Room.

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 21:02:42 GMT, in
<Sh9Uc.147165$(E-Mail Removed) >
Johnny 5 scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

127.0.0.1

"Johnny 5" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Sh9Uc.147165$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> Hello,
>
> I have some Jet Tec ink bottles and my 16 month old son has just been
> handling one unknown to me and I have found him with red ink all around

his
> mouth and over his hands. I dont think he's ingested much but some
> certainly went into his mouth. I have given him plenty to drink and

washed
> his hands thoriughly. Can anyone tell me if the ink is toxic or

carcegonic
> please I'm really worried.
>
> Thanks.

non-toxic in small quantities...

haven't seen anyone in the emergency room for eating documents printed from
ink jet.

the toxic ones are laser printer toner.

what you should be looking for are allergic reations.

-a|ex