Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > User Accounts

User Accounts

Rhona

Hi
I have just started using my account on windows xp and I cannot get certain
web sites (Google and other links off an email) on my account but my
husbands account can get all web sites.
Any Ideas?
Rhona

°Mike°

With such a lack of details, it is next to impossible
for anybody to give you sensible advice, except
to read these and then restate your question.

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 20:07:15 +0100, in
<cfr0kv$p0t$(E-Mail Removed)>
Rhona scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Dean C

Some questions:

(a) When you open up internet explorer and type in
http://www.google.com does it hit that site? Are other sites OK when
you type their address directly into internet explorer?

(b) Is the problem only confined to when you double click a web
address in your email program?

(c) Is there an error message associated with the problem or is it
simply that the website fails to launch in internet explorer?

(d) If the answer to (b) is yes, what email program are you using?

(e) Is your husband using the same email program?

(f) Suggest you create a 3rd account and see how that goes

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 20:07:15 +0100, "Rhona"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi
> I have just started using my account on windows xp and I cannot get certain
>web sites (Google and other links off an email) on my account but my
>husbands account can get all web sites.
>Any Ideas?
>Rhona

Baz

Hi Dean

(A) I cannot use the search facilities on google ,yahoo or any other search
engine I can click on a link on Googles Home Page and its ok only when I
type in the search box and click search nothing happens. My husband can on
his account.
(B)It is links with in an email eg Weight Watchers newsletter.I click on a
link and nothing happens, same email on my husbands account every link
works.
(C) No error message new window opens then nothing.
(D&E) I use Outlook as does my husband
(F) Same problems.
"Dean C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Some questions:
>
> (a) When you open up internet explorer and type in
> http://www.google.com does it hit that site? Are other sites OK when
> you type their address directly into internet explorer?
>
> (b) Is the problem only confined to when you double click a web
> address in your email program?
>
> (c) Is there an error message associated with the problem or is it
> simply that the website fails to launch in internet explorer?
>
> (d) If the answer to (b) is yes, what email program are you using?
>
> (e) Is your husband using the same email program?
>
> (f) Suggest you create a 3rd account and see how that goes
>

> On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 20:07:15 +0100, "Rhona"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Hi
> > I have just started using my account on windows xp and I cannot get

certain
> >web sites (Google and other links off an email) on my account but my
> >husbands account can get all web sites.
> >Any Ideas?
> >Rhona

Rhona

Hi Again Dean
I used my husbands account to send reply
Rhona.
"Baz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cfsudp$5to$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Dean
>
> (A) I cannot use the search facilities on google ,yahoo or any other

search
> engine I can click on a link on Googles Home Page and its ok only when I
> type in the search box and click search nothing happens. My husband can on
> his account.
> (B)It is links with in an email eg Weight Watchers newsletter.I click on a
> link and nothing happens, same email on my husbands account every link
> works.
> (C) No error message new window opens then nothing.
> (D&E) I use Outlook as does my husband
> (F) Same problems.
> "Dean C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Some questions:
> >
> > (a) When you open up internet explorer and type in
> > http://www.google.com does it hit that site? Are other sites OK when
> > you type their address directly into internet explorer?
> >
> > (b) Is the problem only confined to when you double click a web
> > address in your email program?
> >
> > (c) Is there an error message associated with the problem or is it
> > simply that the website fails to launch in internet explorer?
> >
> > (d) If the answer to (b) is yes, what email program are you using?
> >
> > (e) Is your husband using the same email program?
> >
> > (f) Suggest you create a 3rd account and see how that goes
> >

> > On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 20:07:15 +0100, "Rhona"
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > >Hi
> > > I have just started using my account on windows xp and I cannot get

> certain
> > >web sites (Google and other links off an email) on my account but my
> > >husbands account can get all web sites.
> > >Any Ideas?
> > >Rhona

°Mike°

You cannot open a new Internet Explorer window or
nothing occurs after you click a link
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

BUG: Microsoft Internet Explorer Displays a Blank Page
While It Uses an HTTP 1.0 Request in a WinInet Application
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=816405

HTML Pages Only Partially Appear, HTML Pages Do Not Appear,
or the Network Stops Responding
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823386

Internet Explorer Displays a Blank Page and May Appear to
Stop Responding on Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=832624

Nothing happens when you click a link
http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm

OLEXP Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not
Start Web Browser

OLEXP Nothing Happens When You Click a Link in
Outlook Express

Current Web Page Is Blank After Opening an Outlook-- URI
from Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=257136

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 13:41:30 +0100, in
<cfsudp$5to$(E-Mail Removed)>
Baz scrawled:

>Hi Dean
>
>(A) I cannot use the search facilities on google ,yahoo or any other search
>engine I can click on a link on Googles Home Page and its ok only when I
>type in the search box and click search nothing happens. My husband can on
>his account.
>(B)It is links with in an email eg Weight Watchers newsletter.I click on a
>link and nothing happens, same email on my husbands account every link
>works.
>(C) No error message new window opens then nothing.
>(D&E) I use Outlook as does my husband
>(F) Same problems.

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

Baz

Thanks Mike, I will try them.
Regards
Rhona.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You cannot open a new Internet Explorer window or
> nothing occurs after you click a link
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
>
> BUG: Microsoft Internet Explorer Displays a Blank Page
> While It Uses an HTTP 1.0 Request in a WinInet Application
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=816405
>
> HTML Pages Only Partially Appear, HTML Pages Do Not Appear,
> or the Network Stops Responding
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823386
>
> Internet Explorer Displays a Blank Page and May Appear to
> Stop Responding on Windows 2000
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=832624
>
> Nothing happens when you click a link
> http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm
>
> OLEXP Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not
> Start Web Browser
>
> OLEXP Nothing Happens When You Click a Link in
> Outlook Express
>
> Current Web Page Is Blank After Opening an Outlook-- URI
> from Internet Explorer
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=257136
>

> On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 13:41:30 +0100, in
> <cfsudp$5to$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Baz scrawled:
>
> >Hi Dean
> >
> >(A) I cannot use the search facilities on google ,yahoo or any other

search
> >engine I can click on a link on Googles Home Page and its ok only when I
> >type in the search box and click search nothing happens. My husband can

on
> >his account.
> >(B)It is links with in an email eg Weight Watchers newsletter.I click on

> >link and nothing happens, same email on my husbands account every link
> >works.
> >(C) No error message new window opens then nothing.
> >(D&E) I use Outlook as does my husband
> >(F) Same problems.

> <snip>
>
> --