Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Nebie to Firefox: Seconday window will not open

Nebie to Firefox: Seconday window will not open

lbbss

I just installed mozilla. One website I often use has a pull down menu
that eventually opens up a secondary window. With Firefox, the pulldown
menu does not open, nor the secondary window. Is that a setting I need
to change?

Also, does firefox have an option for newsgroups and creating email like
outlook express?

°Mike°

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 14:35:04 -0400, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
lbbss scrawled:

>I just installed mozilla. One website I often use has a pull
>down menu that eventually opens up a secondary window.
>With Firefox, the pulldown menu does not open, nor the
>secondary window. Is that a setting I need to change?

A link would have helped. Is it javascript? Java? What?

>Also, does firefox have an option for newsgroups and creating email like
>outlook express?

Mozilla Thunderbird.

Basic computer maintenance

nota chance

°Mike° wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 14:35:04 -0400, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> lbbss scrawled:
>

>>I just installed mozilla. One website I often use has a pull
>>down menu that eventually opens up a secondary window.
>>With Firefox, the pulldown menu does not open, nor the
>>secondary window. Is that a setting I need to change?

> A link would have helped. Is it javascript? Java? What?
>

>>Also, does firefox have an option for newsgroups and creating email like
>>outlook express?

> Mozilla Thunderbird.
> http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/

you need to get thunder bird for newsgroups access unless you got the
full suite one. Fixfox is a stand alone browser that is all.

Check to see if the popup blocker or javascript blocker may be blocking
the web site see if you can add it as an excepted web site.

I know the poup blocker is called ad hunter I think.

°Mike°

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 22:25:06 GMT, in
<6vaUc.406110$(E-Mail Removed) e.rogers.com>
nota chance scrawled:

>°Mike° wrote:
>> On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 14:35:04 -0400, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> lbbss scrawled:
>>

>>>I just installed mozilla. One website I often use has a pull
>>>down menu that eventually opens up a secondary window.
>>>With Firefox, the pulldown menu does not open, nor the
>>>secondary window. Is that a setting I need to change?

>> A link would have helped. Is it javascript? Java? What?
>>

>>>Also, does firefox have an option for newsgroups and creating email like
>>>outlook express?

>> Mozilla Thunderbird.
>> http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/
>>

>you need to get

And you need to learn how to reply to the correct person.

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance