Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > WinXP SP2 Firewall Question

WinXP SP2 Firewall Question

JD

I'm planning to format my computer and do a fresh install with WinXP incl
SP2 bundle. Is there a way to easily enable BPFTP server (port 21) and
Bittorrent/eDonkey/Kazaa Lite to work with the firewall on? If so, what are
the settings? That way I don't have to install Zone Alarm which is annoying
with the bugs and distracting systray icon.

°Mike°

Detailed Windows XP Service Pack 2 installation walkthrough
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=875364

How to configure the Windows Firewall feature in
Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=875356

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 17:35:43 GMT, in
<Pf6Uc.404868$(E-Mail Removed) .rogers.com>
JD scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Jamco

after installing SP2, when i ran my bit torrent client, windows popped up
and asked if i wanted to allow it internet access, and hit yes always allow,
and BAM its configured

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Detailed Windows XP Service Pack 2 installation walkthrough
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=875364
>
> How to configure the Windows Firewall feature in
> Windows XP Service Pack 2
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=875356
>

> On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 17:35:43 GMT, in
> <Pf6Uc.404868$(E-Mail Removed) .rogers.com>
> JD scrawled:
>
>>I'm planning to format my computer and do a fresh install with WinXP incl
>>SP2 bundle. Is there a way to easily enable BPFTP server (port 21) and
>>Bittorrent/eDonkey/Kazaa Lite to work with the firewall on? If so, what
>>are
>>the settings? That way I don't have to install Zone Alarm which is
>>annoying
>>with the bugs and distracting systray icon.
>>

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

That's nice.