Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > IBM Tells Users Not To Install Windows XP Update

IBM Tells Users Not To Install Windows XP Update

Tech.News

In a note posted Friday on its corporate intranet, IBM told its
employees not to download Service Pack 2 for Windows XP when it becomes
available because of compatibility issues. IBM wants to test the update
first.

http://www.computerworld.com/newslet...0.html?nlid=AM

--
*@*

Ron Martell

"Tech.News" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In a note posted Friday on its corporate intranet, IBM told its
>employees not to download Service Pack 2 for Windows XP when it becomes
>available because of compatibility issues. IBM wants to test the update
>first.
>
>http://www.computerworld.com/newslet...0.html?nlid=AM

Employees not users.

This is Standard Operating Procedure in the vast majority of large
companies where they have highly standardized machine configurations
and Windows installations.

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP