Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Loop Lines

Loop Lines

Preesi

Are there any LOOP Lines left?
Are there any Free Loop Lines out there?
Im asking here cause I dont know where else to ask

--
preesi
"Yeah? Yeah? Yeah? Well..Well you are just ****ed cause I can eat carbs

scram

> Are there any LOOP Lines left?
> Are there any Free Loop Lines out there?
> Im asking here cause I dont know where else to ask

Oh great crystal ball
will this person tell us what a LOOP Line is...

Preesi

scram wrote:
>> Are there any LOOP Lines left?
>> Are there any Free Loop Lines out there?
>> Im asking here cause I dont know where else to ask

> Oh great crystal ball
> will this person tell us what a LOOP Line is...

A loop is a wonderous device which the telephone company created as test
numbers for telephone repairmen when testing equipment. By matching the
tone of the equipment with the tone of the loop, repairmen can adjust
and test the settings of their telephone equipment.
Several people can call the same number at once and all gab away at
once, like a voice chat room.
When I was 12-13 my little friend came over with a loopline and we met a
friend named Jordan.
I just thought a loopline would be great for chatting with a group of
Net friends to chat, yet still keep their phone numbers anonymous!

--
preesi
"Yeah? Yeah? Yeah? Well..Well you are just ****ed cause I can eat carbs
and you can't, so there!" ~~~~~~~~~
My Websites and Voice Chat Room: http://tinyurl.com/yvw45
Where I Hang Out: http://www.there.com

Jimbo

Preesi wrote:

> scram wrote:
>
>>>Are there any LOOP Lines left?
>>>Are there any Free Loop Lines out there?
>>>Im asking here cause I dont know where else to ask

>>Oh great crystal ball
>>will this person tell us what a LOOP Line is...

> A loop is a wonderous device which the telephone company created as test
> numbers for telephone repairmen when testing equipment. By matching the
> tone of the equipment with the tone of the loop, repairmen can adjust
> and test the settings of their telephone equipment.
> Several people can call the same number at once and all gab away at
> once, like a voice chat room.
> When I was 12-13 my little friend came over with a loopline and we met a
> friend named Jordan.
> I just thought a loopline would be great for chatting with a group of
> Net friends to chat, yet still keep their phone numbers anonymous!

The term "chatroom" mean anything to you, Bunky? How about one of the
many instant messengers?

LBSalvi LBSalvi is offline
Junior Member

hahaha yea, I remember the loop! A lot of my classmate back in middle school were in it.