Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Pagefile.sys.

Pagefile.sys.

Jim Berwick

"Dino-UK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:RKGTc.54$(E-Mail Removed):

> Is it safe to dump pagefile.sys as the copy halts at this file...it is
> about 950 meg in size. My understanding is that it is a swap file.

You do not need to copy that file, yes it is the swap file (called a
"paging file" in Windows NT)

Dino-UK

I'm trying to copy a hard drive (slave) then copy it to a new bigger slave,
using PC link.
Is it safe to dump pagefile.sys as the copy halts at this file...it is about
950 meg in size. My understanding is that it is a swap file.
Regards,
Gerry.