Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Does WordPad have an alphabetical sort function?

Does WordPad have an alphabetical sort function?

tomt

Does WordPad have an alphabetical sort function?

----

Is it possible to sort file names alphabetically using WordPad? I haven't
been able to. If not, is there a free program which has an alphabetical sort
function? Someone suggested EasyOffice, but I haven't tried that yet.
Perhaps my best bet is to purchase Word or WordPerfect or some other program
which is more sophisticated than WordPad.

Carol2

No, it doesn't appear to have a sort function at all.

Carol2

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

------
> ----
>
> Is it possible to sort file names alphabetically using WordPad? I

haven't
> been able to. If not, is there a free program which has an

alphabetical sort
> function? Someone suggested EasyOffice, but I haven't tried that yet.
> Perhaps my best bet is to purchase Word or WordPerfect or some other

program
> which is more sophisticated than WordPad.

DC

tomt wrote:
[...]

> Perhaps my best bet is to purchase Word or WordPerfect or some other program
> which is more sophisticated than WordPad.

Buy? No, no, no...

MS Office
http://shop.microsoft.com/special/office03/

Starting at USD$399.

OpenOffice.org
http://www.openoffice.org/

FREE download.

Your choice. }:O)

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

nota chance

DC wrote:

> tomt wrote:
> [...]
>

>>Perhaps my best bet is to purchase Word or WordPerfect or some other program
>>which is more sophisticated than WordPad.

> Buy? No, no, no...
>

> MS Office
> http://shop.microsoft.com/special/office03/
>
> Starting at USD$399.
>

> OpenOffice.org
> http://www.openoffice.org/
>
> FREE download.
>

> Your choice. }:O)

I am amazed that it has a spell checker and tabs but not much else in it
though it is way better than notepad with out tabs or spell checker in it.

DC

nota chance wrote:
> DC wrote:

>> tomt wrote:
>> [...]

>>>Perhaps my best bet is to purchase Word or WordPerfect or some other program
>>>which is more sophisticated than WordPad.

>> Buy? No, no, no...

>> MS Office
>> http://shop.microsoft.com/special/office03/

>> Starting at USD$399.

>> OpenOffice.org
>> http://www.openoffice.org/

>> FREE download.

>> Your choice. }:O)

> I am amazed that it has a spell checker and tabs but not much else in it
> though it is way better than notepad with out tabs or spell checker in it.

It's a full office suite. Had you read the site/tried the product, you
would know this.

You are on crack. Get help.

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

I agree with this "poast". OpenOffice is a VERY nice program. Much
nicer than the M$ Office Suite....IMHO!

DC <(E-Mail Removed)> chiseled in stone, the following words
news:(E-Mail Removed):