Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > I just started using newsgroups.. and need serious help!

I just started using newsgroups.. and need serious help!

Marcus

I just started using newsgroups and i just don't understand the whole thing.
I wanted to download some games, because somebody told me it was easy, but i
really don't know how to 'download' anything??

I use outlook express, that might be wrong??

Can somebody help me????

Greetz Marcus.. From Holland

Bob

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...use+newsgroups

"Marcus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:411b33f0$0$139$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just started using newsgroups and i just don't understand the whole

thing.
> I wanted to download some games, because somebody told me it was easy, but

> really don't know how to 'download' anything??
>
> I use outlook express, that might be wrong??
>
> Can somebody help me????
>
> Greetz Marcus.. From Holland

ProfGene

If you download a binary file that is in a number of parts you need to get
all the parts then highlight them all and right click and give the command
decode and join and you will have the file in working order provided you are
not missing any parts and none of the files are corrupted.
"Marcus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:411b33f0$0$139$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just started using newsgroups and i just don't understand the whole

thing.
> I wanted to download some games, because somebody told me it was easy, but

> really don't know how to 'download' anything??
>
> I use outlook express, that might be wrong??
>
> Can somebody help me????
>
> Greetz Marcus.. From Holland

KungFusion

Marcus wrote:

> I use outlook express, that might be wrong??

For downloading binary files there are some specialized
news readers. One I've been using for a while is called
PowerGrab. You can download free here:
www.cosmicwolf.com (get the latest May 12 beta.. it works
fine)

There are links to a message board for PowerGrab too if
you have any questions.

Also XNews is good and there are others.
Google for binary news reader and you should
find plenty.

--

"Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons."
Woody Allen