Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > racing cursor

racing cursor

Lee

When I'm in a site like this, with a long list of items, or even a program
on my hard drive with a long list (i.e., a cd inventory) frequently the
cursor will initially move one item per click, then suddenly race to the
bottom and lock there. Only solutions has been to reboot -- and go somewhere
else.

Does this indicate a hard disk problem? If so, is it fixable? My rig is
a three year old HP, using 98se.

Any suggest much appreciated

Toolman Tim

>| When I'm in a site like this, with a long list of items, or even a
>| program on my hard drive with a long list (i.e., a cd inventory)
>| frequently the cursor will initially move one item per click, then
>| suddenly race to the bottom and lock there. Only solutions has been
>| to reboot -- and go somewhere else.
>|
>| Does this indicate a hard disk problem? If so, is it fixable? My
>| rig is a three year old HP, using 98se.
>|
>| Any suggest much appreciated

One click with *what*? Mouse? Keyboard? TV remote? Dog trainer clicker? A
more detailed description of what you are doing just might help...

THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

°Mike°

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 20:14:01 -0400, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Lee scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Blinky the Shark

Lee wrote:

> When I'm in a site like this, with a long list of items, or even a program

A site like what?

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

An Important Health Reminder http://snipurl.com/healthyshark

DC

Lee wrote:
> When I'm in a site like this, with a long list of items, or even a program
> on my hard drive with a long list (i.e., a cd inventory) frequently the
> cursor will initially move one item per click, then suddenly race to the
> bottom and lock there. Only solutions has been to reboot -- and go somewhere
> else.

> Does this indicate a hard disk problem? If so, is it fixable? My rig is
> a three year old HP, using 98se.

> Any suggest much appreciated

Keyboard sticking? Clean it/try another keyboard.

Otherwise,

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001