Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > SP2 glitches

SP2 glitches

TT

Now that SP2 is starting to make the rounds and the developer pack has
been out for awhile-any hints on glitches or new things to look for? I
have had the IT/Admin version on a secondary PC in my home network for a
couple of days now and all seems to be running fine except that not all of
my mouse pointer options are working...
Anyone?
TT

bardeban

bardeban wrote:
> Any body has installed SP2 yet?
> Any problem if you use automatic update?
> Any info would be helpful.

That would depend on how lucky you feel.

http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?si...id=201&tid=109

What's the hurry?

"TT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message newspsckzkhj824xz37@tomspc...

> Now that SP2 is starting to make the rounds and the developer pack has
> been out for awhile-any hints on glitches or new things to look for? I
> have had the IT/Admin version on a secondary PC in my home network for a
> couple of days now and all seems to be running fine except that not all of
> my mouse pointer options are working...
> Anyone?
> TT

Pennywise

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:42:07 -0400, TT <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>Now that SP2 is starting to make the rounds and the developer pack has
|>been out for awhile-any hints on glitches or new things to look for?

My Temp directory is L:\Temp, SP2 uncompressed itself to C:\ (I ran it
from H:\)

A new directory is created called ServicePackFiles and it contains
475 megs of files.

I had to clean up and find 650megs of free space on my XP partition
just to get it to install.

All a concern if your low on hard drive space.

Duane Arnold

TT <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in newspsckzkhj824xz37@tomspc:

> Now that SP2 is starting to make the rounds and the developer pack
> has
> been out for awhile-any hints on glitches or new things to look for?
> I have had the IT/Admin version on a secondary PC in my home network
> for a couple of days now and all seems to be running fine except that
> not all of my mouse pointer options are working...
> Anyone?
> TT

XP SP 2 will not be deployed to any of my machines for at least a couple of
months. I like to have things settle down a bit and become stable before I
make a move to SP 2.

Duane

Pennywise

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:42:07 -0400, TT <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>Now that SP2 is starting to make the rounds and the developer pack has
|>been out for awhile-any hints on glitches or new things to look for?

Here's a good one; it knocks out P2P transfers

No more kazaa, bittorrent etc...

http://tinyurl.com/6umkq

LuckyGuy

It turned on your firewall.

John

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:13:28 -0700, Pennywise <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:42:07 -0400, TT <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>|>Now that SP2 is starting to make the rounds and the developer pack has
>|>been out for awhile-any hints on glitches or new things to look for?
>
>Here's a good one; it knocks out P2P transfers
>
>No more kazaa, bittorrent etc...
>
>http://tinyurl.com/6umkq

virtual PC/Server 2003 hosting glitches... =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlc0E=?= ASP .Net 3 01-17-2006 05:40 PM
[Media] Only IT certification can help prevent another wave of costly technology glitches T-Bone MCSE 1 02-02-2005 03:50 PM
Glitches? The Weiss Family VHDL 3 07-04-2004 12:23 AM
Deliberate output glitches claire_ess VHDL 1 05-07-2004 04:51 PM
Whole wave of glitches: XPpro, NAV 2003, IE? D. Computer Support 0 09-16-2003 04:10 PM

Advertisments