Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Using bluetooth headset as audio gateway

Using bluetooth headset as audio gateway

Rudiger Flatula

Anyone got a link that will explain how I can use a Bluetooth headset (SE
HBH-35) as an audio gateway from my PC with Belkin USB Dongle.

Bluetooth is installed and works fine with my phone and PDA, but I can't get
it to work to supply an audio stream. Ideas anyone?

Scraggy

Reply to message from "Rudiger Flatula" <(E-Mail Removed)> (Tue, 10 Aug
2004 14:27:42) about "Using bluetooth headset as audio gateway":

Try over at microsoft.pocketpc.wireless

Bye
Scraggy <(E-Mail Removed)> Tue, 10 Aug 2004 15:55:23 +0100

42 Subject: Using bluetooth headset as audio gateway

Anyone got a link that will explain how I can use a Bluetooth headset (SE
HBH-35) as an audio gateway from my PC with Belkin USB Dongle.

Bluetooth is installed and works fine with my phone and PDA, but I can't
get it to work to supply an audio stream. Ideas anyone?

michael turner

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 23:27:42 +1000, Rudiger Flatula wrote:

> Anyone got a link that will explain how I can use a Bluetooth headset (SE
> HBH-35) as an audio gateway from my PC with Belkin USB Dongle.
>
> Bluetooth is installed and works fine with my phone and PDA, but I can't get
> it to work to supply an audio stream. Ideas anyone?

Pair headset to computer > open up audio gateway from the headset's icon
in My Bluetooth Places > press 'answer' button on headset > enjoy.

--
Michael Turner
Email (ROT13)

michael turner

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 23:27:42 +1000, Rudiger Flatula wrote:

> Anyone got a link that will explain how I can use a Bluetooth headset (SE
> HBH-35) as an audio gateway from my PC with Belkin USB Dongle.
>
> Bluetooth is installed and works fine with my phone and PDA, but I can't get
> it to work to supply an audio stream. Ideas anyone?

Pair headset to computer > open up audio gateway from the headset's icon
in My Bluetooth Places > press 'answer' button on headset > enjoy.

--
Michael Turner
Email (ROT13)
(E-Mail Removed)

Bernd

You have to check if your pc application (from Belkin) supports the
Bluetooth headset and/or the handsfree profile.
TDK USB dongle does that and works great. I have no clue if Belkin does
that, but it depends 100% on Belkin's pc software.
Bernd

"Rudiger Flatula" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:4118cd49$0$16323$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone got a link that will explain how I can use a Bluetooth headset (SE
> HBH-35) as an audio gateway from my PC with Belkin USB Dongle.
>
> Bluetooth is installed and works fine with my phone and PDA, but I can't

get
> it to work to supply an audio stream. Ideas anyone?

Dave Roberts

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 23:27:42 +1000, Rudiger Flatula <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> Anyone got a link that will explain how I can use a Bluetooth headset (SE
> HBH-35) as an audio gateway from my PC with Belkin USB Dongle.
>
> Bluetooth is installed and works fine with my phone and PDA, but I can't
> get it to work to supply an audio stream. Ideas anyone?

I have one working with my machine. However, I have a different adapter.

Does the headset show up when you search for bluetooth devices? On my
system I go to My Bluetooth Places, open that and then open the Fine
Bluetooth Devices. Then select the device and pair with it... you have to
enter a fixed code with most headsets I think.

One final thing is that even though the Sounds and Audio Devices control
panel shows the BT headset is in use, it doesn't always work. You have to
manually set the system back to the noral device and then manually back to
the BT set.

HTH