Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > how to connect to peer to peer programs using a dsl connection

how to connect to peer to peer programs using a dsl connection

shawn1

i recently move from dail up acces to broadband which is dsl,
an now all my peer to peer programs like imesh ,kazaaa an morpheus are
not connecting to the net .i disable my firewall an i am not behind a
proxy can someone please help me get my programs running again

Duane Arnold

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (shawn1) wrote in news:61385be5.0408071622.3bdab015
@posting.google.com:

> i recently move from dail up acces to broadband which is dsl,
> an now all my peer to peer programs like imesh ,kazaaa an morpheus are
> not connecting to the net .i disable my firewall an i am not behind a
> proxy can someone please help me get my programs running again

So, did the ISP give you a dsl router/modem?

Duane

Toolman Tim

>| (E-Mail Removed) (shawn1) wrote in news:61385be5.0408071622.3bdab015
>| @posting.google.com:
>|
>| > i recently move from dail up acces to broadband which is dsl,
>| > an now all my peer to peer programs like imesh ,kazaaa an morpheus
>| > are not connecting to the net .i disable my firewall an i am not
>| > behind a proxy can someone please help me get my programs running
>| > again
>| >

>| So, did the ISP give you a dsl router/modem?

Good point - most routers like that contain filters, NAT, etc. that could be
causing the problem. Hopefully the OP will post back with some hardware
information...

(duh!)

THEY went." ~Will Rogers~