Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Visual Studio Reformatting my HTML!

Visual Studio Reformatting my HTML!

Curt

When I'm in Visual Studio.NET, I'll drag controls onto a form and then
switch from design mode to HTML for various reasons.

I was doing this with validation controls that I had dragged onto the
screen, and when I went into HTML to add some attributes, I
reformatted the tags so that everything was easier to read. When I
went back to design mode and fiddled around some more, I found that
when I came back to HTML, the IDE had completely reformatted my HTML
into one big, unreadable clump of text.

This seems to be done automatically by Visual Studio.NET. Is there
any wayt to shut this option off?

Eric Cherng

Curt,

Yes, you can disable the automatic HTML formatting by going to Tools,
Options, Text Editor, Format
then in the Apply Automatic Formatting section, uncheck the check boxes to
disable automatic formatting.

Eric

"Curt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> When I'm in Visual Studio.NET, I'll drag controls onto a form and then
> switch from design mode to HTML for various reasons.
>
> I was doing this with validation controls that I had dragged onto the
> screen, and when I went into HTML to add some attributes, I
> reformatted the tags so that everything was easier to read. When I
> went back to design mode and fiddled around some more, I found that
> when I came back to HTML, the IDE had completely reformatted my HTML
> into one big, unreadable clump of text.
>
> This seems to be done automatically by Visual Studio.NET. Is there
> any wayt to shut this option off?

Sahil Malik

Whidbey / VS2k5 RESPECTS your HTML, VS2k3 doesn't .. sorry but you're SOL on
that one.

- Sahil Malik
Independent Consultant
You can reach me thru my blog - http://dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/sahilmalik/

"Curt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> When I'm in Visual Studio.NET, I'll drag controls onto a form and then
> switch from design mode to HTML for various reasons.
>
> I was doing this with validation controls that I had dragged onto the
> screen, and when I went into HTML to add some attributes, I
> reformatted the tags so that everything was easier to read. When I
> went back to design mode and fiddled around some more, I found that
> when I came back to HTML, the IDE had completely reformatted my HTML
> into one big, unreadable clump of text.
>
> This seems to be done automatically by Visual Studio.NET. Is there
> any wayt to shut this option off?

Sahil Malik

Wow, then what is this about
http://www.asp.net/whidbey/whitepape...ndex=0&tabid=1 ?