Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help

Marcia Coffin

Can any one out there tell me why when I open my PC, which is a windows
millennium 2000 my connection starts to dial up? email me at
It dials up as soon as I open it.
Thank you

--
Marcia & Roy

The Prophecy

Marcia Coffin wrote:
> Can any one out there tell me why when I open my PC, which is a
> windows millennium 2000 my connection starts to dial up? email me at
> (E-Mail Removed)
> It dials up as soon as I open it.
> Thank you

"Windows Millenium 2000"? Which is it? Windows ME, or Windows 2000?

--
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ns.html#asking

°Mike°

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 18:08:22 -0400, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Marcia Coffin scrawled:

>Can any one out there tell me why when I open my PC,
>which is a windows millennium 2000

What's "windows millennium 2000"?

> my connection starts to dial up?

Check task scheduler and automatic updates.

> email me at

<snip>

No.

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Marcia Coffin wrote:
> Can any one out there tell me why when I open my PC, which is a windows
> millennium 2000 my connection starts to dial up? email me at
> (E-Mail Removed)
> It dials up as soon as I open it.
> Thank you

Download, update and run Spybot Search & Destroy and Adaware.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Update your antivirus and do a full scan.

Other programs such as WeatherBug can drive you nuts with this sort of
behavior.