Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > DVD to CD-R

DVD to CD-R

Dan

I'm trying to burn DVD to CD-R and it will burn to the disc but my dvd
player to my tv can't read it. Can someone tell me how I can get the dvd
player to read it or a different burning option? Thanks

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Dan wrote:

> I'm trying to burn DVD to CD-R and it will burn to the disc but my dvd
> player to my tv can't read it. Can someone tell me how I can get the dvd
> player to read it or a different burning option? Thanks

Are you making it a VCD or SVCD?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Dan wrote:

> I'm trying to burn DVD to CD-R and it will burn to the disc but my dvd
> player to my tv can't read it. Can someone tell me how I can get the dvd
> player to read it or a different burning option? Thanks

I forgot to add: http://tinyurl.com/3952y

Jimmy

Try burning to a DVD rom

Dan wrote:

> I'm trying to burn DVD to CD-R and it will burn to the disc but my dvd
> player to my tv can't read it. Can someone tell me how I can get the dvd
> player to read it or a different burning option? Thanks

fkasner

Dan wrote:

> I'm trying to burn DVD to CD-R and it will burn to the disc but my dvd
> player to my tv can't read it. Can someone tell me how I can get the dvd
> player to read it or a different burning option? Thanks

Did you reencode it to a VCD file? And did your burning software limit
the amount that it would attempt to record to the size of the CD? Lots
of things can go wrong. I learned the hard way how to get video files
onto a DVD onto a CD. Just copying won't work.
FK

Terry Olsen

There is a really nice program out there that re-encodes video files
(including .vob & .avi) to either DVD or VCD format...and it's fast...

Mpeg Video Wizard available from http://www.womble.com

news:s2TRc.4392$(E-Mail Removed) ...