Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > burn bootable CD on WinXP from ISOs

burn bootable CD on WinXP from ISOs

rabbit

Some time back I created a set of bootable Linux CDs from ISO files.
Unfortunately, I can't recall what Windows software I used to burn them.
I'm a little short of neurological RAM, I guess.

Can someone please point me to some clear directions on how to use, for
example, Nero or something like it? I tried with Nero following
instructions at http://www.bay-wolf.com/bootcd.htm and ended up with a disc
that will start in WinXP, but won't boot. I also tried Alcohol 120%, with
the same result.

I'm running WinXP Pro.

Thanks.

Walter Mautner

rabbit wrote:

> Some time back I created a set of bootable Linux CDs from ISO files.
> Unfortunately, I can't recall what Windows software I used to burn them.
> I'm a little short of neurological RAM, I guess.
>
> Can someone please point me to some clear directions on how to use, for
> example, Nero or something like it? I tried with Nero following
> instructions at http://www.bay-wolf.com/bootcd.htm and ended up with a
> disc that will start in WinXP, but won't boot. I also tried Alcohol 120%,
> with the same result.
>
> I'm running WinXP Pro.

The isos you downloaded are already bootable (at least cd1) and you just
need to check "extras - burn cd image" (or "files" - burn cd image
depending upon nero version), then select your iso from the file selector
box.
*to*remove*offending*incompatible*products.**Reactivate*your*MS*software.
Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.8-0.rc1.pkt*[LinuxCounter#295241]

Bootable USB for bootable ISO image? BertieBigBollox@gmail.com Computer Support 7 09-14-2009 08:19 AM
Bootable ISOs ross Computer Support 4 03-17-2006 06:38 PM
Digital ISOs faster? Martin via PhotoKB.com Digital Photography 66 05-19-2005 07:42 AM
Why not slower ISOs? Bob Alexander Digital Photography 31 09-22-2004 02:20 AM
Higher ISOs : the only way to go n Digital Photography 17 11-24-2003 05:27 PM

Advertisments