Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > WinME

WinME

Michael Hims

Hi

My dell laptop keeps saying that explorer has caused an error in unknown and
needs to close. This mainly happens when i close a pop-up window

°Mike°

Start here:

Then, download, update and use ALL of the following -- even
if you already have them installed, UPDATE THEM NOW.
Malware changes by the day, even by the hour, so you MUST
have the latest version of removal tools:

Spybot Search & Destroy
http://spybot.safer-networking.de/en/index.html
http://spybot.eon.net.au/
SpyBot S&D guide

Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
http://www.lavasoft.nu/
http://www.lavasoft.de/
Ad-Aware VX2 cleaner plug-in
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/...2cleaner.shtml
http://www.lavasoft.nu/software/plug...2cleaner.shtml
http://www.lavasoft.de/software/plug...2cleaner.shtml
IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Spyware Blaster
http://www.net-integration.net/tools...reblaster.html

CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
http://doxdesk.com/parasite/CoolWebSearch.html

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 00:53:55 GMT, in
<D4COc.21342$(E-Mail Removed)>
Michael Hims scrawled:

--
STGP, OGPE24HSHD

PC

"Michael Hims" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news4COc.21342$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Hi
>
> My dell laptop keeps saying that explorer has caused an error in unknown

and
> needs to close. This mainly happens when i close a pop-up window

Update your anti virus and scan.

Start, Settings, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, highlight Internet
Explorer, click 'Remove', Choose 'Repair', OK etc.

Then install AdAware, Spybot Search and Destroy, SpywareBlaster, SpySweeper
anti Spy programs, and a Firewall (eg Zonealarm. Sygate...)

The antispy and firewall programs are all free just 'Google' for them.

Paul