Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Help, .NET doubts.....

Help, .NET doubts.....

MS

I have client sever application my client is windows based thin application
and server has webService running. Right now Server serialized the data to
the client using "XMLSerialization" form data Size is around 100 MB, I
understand if we serialized the data using "Binary Serialization" form
then it would be faster.

But I have following query.
1) My application is windows based application both the client and server
are windows based, right now server is Windows 2003 Enterprise edition and
client can be any windows version (95,98,2000,2003,XP). If I use
BinarySerialization from my server (windows 2003 Enterprise edition ) then
is it going to create the problem for different version of Windows OS?

2) In my application we are using CLR (v1.1) and application is developed
using same, if tomorrow, new version of CLR comes and only client part is
updated to this CLR, then is it going to create problem?

Thanks.

Yuancai \(Charlie\) Ye

Hi,
Again, see the article at
http://www.udaparts.com/articles/fastsocketpro.htm

--
Yuancai (Charlie) Ye

Fast and securely accessing all of remote data sources anywhere with
SocketPro using batch/queue, asynchrony and parallel computation with online
compressing

See 30 well-tested and real OLEDB examples

www.udaparts.com

news:(E-Mail Removed)...