Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Win XP registry dirty how to clean

Win XP registry dirty how to clean

°Mike°

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 20:46:52 GMT, in
<0tyOc.60293$eM2.5861@attbi_s51>
Rick Merrill scrawled:

>°Mike° wrote:
>
>> Do NOT use Microsoft's RegClean in Windows XP.
>>
>> See:

>BS! That just promotes other registry cleaners. I use
>REGCLEAN all the time myself and have never had to do
>an undo. - RM

Then you are taking a HUGE risk -- get on with it.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Rick Merrill

°Mike° wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 20:46:52 GMT, in
> <0tyOc.60293$eM2.5861@attbi_s51>
> Rick Merrill scrawled:
>

>>°Mike° wrote:
>>

>>>Do NOT use Microsoft's RegClean in Windows XP.
>>>
>>>See:
>>>http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html

>>BS! That just promotes other registry cleaners. I use
>>REGCLEAN all the time myself and have never had to do
>>an undo. - RM

> Then you are taking a HUGE risk -- get on with it.

It appears 'Mike' has a vested interest in the results:
he works for Basic computer maintenance at geocities. - RM

°Mike°

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 21:01:09 GMT, in
<lGyOc.199131$JR4.131843@attbi_s54>
Rick Merrill scrawled:

>°Mike° wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 20:46:52 GMT, in
>> <0tyOc.60293$eM2.5861@attbi_s51>
>> Rick Merrill scrawled:

>>>BS! That just promotes other registry cleaners. I use
>>>REGCLEAN all the time myself and have never had to do
>>>an undo. - RM

>> Then you are taking a HUGE risk -- get on with it.
>>

>It appears 'Mike' has a vested interest in the results:
>he works for Basic computer maintenance at geocities. - RM

When you have something intelligent to say, come back, until
then, I suggest you cease making a fool of yourself.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Rick Merrill

I do not reply to trolls.

°Mike°

<Quoted text restored>

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 22:50:39 GMT, in
<3hAOc.60617$eM2.23446@attbi_s51>
Rick Merrill scrawled:

>>On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 21:01:09 GMT, in
>> <lGyOc.199131$JR4.131843@attbi_s54>
>> Rick Merrill scrawled:

>>>It appears 'Mike' has a vested interest in the results:
>>>he works for Basic computer maintenance at geocities. - RM

>>When you have something intelligent to say, come back, until
>>then, I suggest you cease making a fool of yourself.

>I do not reply to trolls.

I'm glad to hear it.

--
Basic computer maintenance

no way

Rick Merrill wrote:

> °Mike° wrote:
>
>> Do NOT use Microsoft's RegClean in Windows XP.
>>
>> See:

> BS! That just promotes other registry cleaners. I use
> REGCLEAN all the time myself and have never had to do
> an undo. - RM

When cleaning registries on your personal computers tread lightly.
cleaning registries can be like stepping into an unmanned mine field in
98 95 and esp. xp systems.

I def don't recommend manual searches for users I have tried the mech
program it is good but be carefully it has been my experience that
sometime some of those programs can remove usefully programs if the user
is new to reg cleanings.

In some cases you may messup your pc so bad you need to re-format the
thing over again from scratch.

Keep Alive Keep Alive is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no way
Rick Merrill wrote:
[color=blue]
> °Mike° wrote:
>
>> Do NOT use Microsoft's RegClean in Windows XP.
>>
>> See:
>>

> BS! That just promotes other registry cleaners. I use
> REGCLEAN all the time myself and have never had to do
> an undo. - RM

When cleaning registries on your personal computers tread lightly.
cleaning registries can be like stepping into an unmanned mine field in
98 95 and esp. xp systems.

I def don't recommend manual searches for users I have tried the mech
program it is good but be carefully it has been my experience that
sometime some of those programs can remove usefully programs if the user
is new to reg cleanings.

In some cases you may messup your pc so bad you need to re-format the
thing over again from scratch.
When cleaning registries on your personal computers tread lightly.
cleaning registries can be like stepping into an unmanned mine field in
98 95 and esp. xp systems.

I def don't recommend manual searches for users I have tried the mech
program it is good but be carefully it has been my experience that
sometime some of those programs can remove usefully programs if the user
is new to reg cleanings.

In some cases you may messup your pc so bad you need to re-format the
thing over again from scratch.
yabba babba dun treat shia maria upto upto upto bashment