Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Virus hijacking Google from my Internet options home page????

Virus hijacking Google from my Internet options home page????

abtiller@sbcglobal.net

For the past several days, some kind of pop up ad has hijacked my home
page. If I reset it to Google.com, it changes back to this pop up ad
when I launch IE again. I have XP and use IE 6 as my browser.

Is this related to teh Doom virus?? Anyone know how I can stop this
problem?

Thanks!

Sonic

Do a search in this group for Spyware....

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> For the past several days, some kind of pop up ad has hijacked my home
> page. If I reset it to Google.com, it changes back to this pop up ad
> when I launch IE again. I have XP and use IE 6 as my browser.
>
> Is this related to teh Doom virus?? Anyone know how I can stop this
> problem?
>
> Thanks!

no way

Sonic wrote:

> Do a search in this group for Spyware....
>

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
>
>>For the past several days, some kind of pop up ad has hijacked my home
>>page. If I reset it to Google.com, it changes back to this pop up ad
>>when I launch IE again. I have XP and use IE 6 as my browser.
>>
>>Is this related to teh Doom virus?? Anyone know how I can stop this
>>problem?
>>
>>Thanks!

You need to get a copy of hi-this from spychecker.com under anti-spam
programs run it remove occurances of the www web page first secondly get
some sort of popup blocking software put into ie6. If you ever get popup
boxes always close them with cnt-alt-del. In many cases the jokers put
some sort of function to launch a code in active x or java or vbs to
attack your pc my dad got one on mine awhile back was a pain in the ass
to remove after he got it here.

no way

no way wrote:

> Sonic wrote:
>
>> Do a search in this group for Spyware....
>>

>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
>>
>>> For the past several days, some kind of pop up ad has hijacked my home
>>> page. If I reset it to Google.com, it changes back to this pop up ad
>>> when I launch IE again. I have XP and use IE 6 as my browser.
>>>
>>> Is this related to teh Doom virus?? Anyone know how I can stop this
>>> problem?
>>>
>>> Thanks!

> You need to get a copy of hi-this from spychecker.com under anti-spam
> programs run it remove occurances of the www web page first secondly get
> some sort of popup blocking software put into ie6. If you ever get popup
> boxes always close them with cnt-alt-del. In many cases the jokers put
> some sort of function to launch a code in active x or java or vbs to
> attack your pc my dad got one on mine awhile back was a pain in the ass
> to remove after he got it here.

still thunderbird meant hijack this