Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > access web server using raw HTTP...

access web server using raw HTTP...

Satinderpal Singh

Hello Everybody,

How can we request a web server and get the response without using
HttpWebRequest and HttpWebResponse object.

I mean, how can we access it at a raw level.

Regards
Satinder

Dino Chiesa [Microsoft]

you mean TCP / sockets?

Why? what's wrong with WebRequest and WebResponse?

for Socket usage check the doc on System.Net.Sockets.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...NetSockets.asp

"Satinderpal Singh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hello Everybody,
>
> How can we request a web server and get the response without using
> HttpWebRequest and HttpWebResponse object.
>
> I mean, how can we access it at a raw level.
>
> Regards
> Satinder

Feroze [msft]

You can always formulate a raw HTTP request as follows:

string request = "GET / HTTP/1.1\r\nHost: <server>\r\n\r\n";

assuming that you have a socket "client" which is connected to the server,
you can do:

byte [] rawbytes = Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes(request);
client.Send(rawbytes,0,rawbytes.Length, SocketFlags.None);

feroze

This posting is provided as-is. It offers no warranties and assigns no
rights.