Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Acrobat Reader

Acrobat Reader

debra

Hi ,
I uninstalled version 3 and downloaded the new 6 free version Acrobat
reader. It seemed a good idea at the time! Now I can't download PDFs
from websites. I get a blank webpage with a little square sign at the
top What did I do wrong ?
Debra

JamesBenson

Have you got all the updates for number 6

"debra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cebg9h$hpm$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi ,
> I uninstalled version 3 and downloaded the new 6 free version Acrobat
> reader. It seemed a good idea at the time! Now I can't download PDFs
> from websites. I get a blank webpage with a little square sign at the
> top What did I do wrong ?
> Debra

Linda

You can't download a pdf document or you can't read them? If it's download
them, that's got nothing to do with acrobat reader.

--
Hmmm, they've got internet on computers now. - Homer Simpson
"debra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cebg9h$hpm$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi ,
> I uninstalled version 3 and downloaded the new 6 free version Acrobat
> reader. It seemed a good idea at the time! Now I can't download PDFs
> from websites. I get a blank webpage with a little square sign at the
> top What did I do wrong ?
> Debra

DIANNE SOLBERG

I downloaded the new 6 version and now I can't download pdf files
either...and it goes into a loop that won't close unless I "end task"!
Dianne
"debra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cebg9h$hpm$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi ,
> I uninstalled version 3 and downloaded the new 6 free version Acrobat
> reader. It seemed a good idea at the time! Now I can't download PDFs
> from websites. I get a blank webpage with a little square sign at the
> top What did I do wrong ?
> Debra

Himalayan sushie

DIANNE SOLBERG, after spending 3 minutes figuring out which end of the pen to
use, wrote:

<idiotic top-posting corrected>

> "debra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cebg9h$hpm$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi ,
>> I uninstalled version 3 and downloaded the new 6 free version Acrobat
>> reader. It seemed a good idea at the time! Now I can't download PDFs
>> from websites. I get a blank webpage with a little square sign at the
>> top What did I do wrong ?
>> Debra
>>

> I downloaded the new 6 version and now I can't download pdf files
> either...and it goes into a loop that won't close unless I "end task"!
> Dianne

Well for ****s sake, delete the **** and reinstall what worked. How damn hard
was that to figure out?
Now, for the morons who will ask/say/whine 'They only have version 6 on the
website', find an old CD of drivers for a printer or MOBO or something like
that, you can almost bet the ****ing house it'll have an older version of
Acrobat on it.