Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Transparent GIF's

Transparent GIF's

PJK

Hi,

I have an image which I need to make transparent. Does anybody know the
name of any simple free programmes which would let me do it?

TIA

Peter.

Rick Merrill

PJK wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an image which I need to make transparent. Does anybody know the
> name of any simple free programmes which would let me do it?
>
> TIA
>
> Peter.

try microsoft 'photo editor' - good luck!

PJK

"Rick Merrill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsAQNc.46988$eM2.41847@attbi_s51...
> PJK wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have an image which I need to make transparent. Does anybody know the
> > name of any simple free programmes which would let me do it?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Peter.
> >

> try microsoft 'photo editor' - good luck!

Thanks, but I don't have MS photo editor and as I only have one image to do
I was hoping for a suggestion of a free prog.

Cheers

Peter

Steve

"PJK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have an image which I need to make transparent. Does anybody know

the
> name of any simple free programmes which would let me do it?
>
> TIA
>
> Peter.

Not sure if its what you are after but I've used
http://www.gifworks.com/ before to make gifs transparent

frank

"PJK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Rick Merrill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsAQNc.46988$eM2.41847@attbi_s51...
> > PJK wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have an image which I need to make transparent. Does anybody know

the
> > > name of any simple free programmes which would let me do it?
> > >
> > > TIA
> > >
> > > Peter.
> > >

> > try microsoft 'photo editor' - good luck!
> >

> Thanks, but I don't have MS photo editor and as I only have one image to

do
> I was hoping for a suggestion of a free prog.
>
> Cheers
>
> Peter

They're all free if you look in the right places!

Hans Witt

www.download.com, search for < gif editor> and pick one of the freeware /
sharewares. there must be several with a transparant - gif function

Steve <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in berichtnieuws
ce8oh9$59r$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "PJK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have an image which I need to make transparent. Does anybody know

> the
> > name of any simple free programmes which would let me do it?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Peter.
> >

> Not sure if its what you are after but I've used
> http://www.gifworks.com/ before to make gifs transparent

Peter

"PJK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have an image which I need to make transparent. Does anybody know the
> name of any simple free programmes which would let me do it?
>
> TIA
>
> Peter.

Email it to me I'll make it transparent.
You'll need to let me know what parts you want transparent

°Mike°

PhotoFiltre:
http://photofiltre.free.fr/frames_en.htm

IrfanView
http://www.irfanview.com/

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 17:24:07 +0100, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
PJK scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Rick Merrill

PJK wrote:
> "Rick Merrill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsAQNc.46988$eM2.41847@attbi_s51...
>
>>PJK wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I have an image which I need to make transparent. Does anybody know the
>>>name of any simple free programmes which would let me do it?
>>>
>>>TIA
>>>
>>>Peter.
>>>

>>try microsoft 'photo editor' - good luck!
>>

> Thanks, but I don't have MS photo editor and as I only have one image to do
> I was hoping for a suggestion of a free prog.

I got it free and I use it to make transparent GIF for web pages. - RM

JamesBenson

As far as I could see, mike's mum is his dad and vica versa, well I was
stood next to them

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> PhotoFiltre:
> http://photofiltre.free.fr/frames_en.htm
>
> IrfanView
> http://www.irfanview.com/
>

> On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 17:24:07 +0100, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> PJK scrawled:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have an image which I need to make transparent. Does anybody know the
> >name of any simple free programmes which would let me do it?
> >
> >TIA
> >
> >Peter.
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

transparent www proxy - port forwarding with 3660 Enrico Gloeckner Cisco 2 11-29-2003 02:51 PM
transparent mode and pix Tony Cisco 1 11-27-2003 07:20 PM
transparent www proxy - pix port forwarding Enrico Gloeckner Cisco 1 11-09-2003 05:53 PM
Transparent Bridging Problem, HELP! John Cisco 0 11-09-2003 01:05 AM
wccp 3550emi and Cacheflow 800 - transparent caching redirection news.tm.net.my Cisco 0 07-17-2003 02:48 AM

Advertisments