Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > my photo world has become bmp-y

my photo world has become bmp-y

Puzzled

Can anyone help me with this - for some unknown reason, whenever I click
on a photo to save it the save dialog box comes up and only permits the
file to be saved as *.bmp. I never had this happen before and I sure
don't want it to continue.

Most of the photos I download are to be put into a jigsaw puzzle program
and this program does NOT like .bmp files. Please, someone, a clue . . .
Puzzled

Billh

Try clearing your Internet temp files that clears this up most times.

"Puzzled" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone help me with this - for some unknown reason, whenever I click
> on a photo to save it the save dialog box comes up and only permits the
> file to be saved as *.bmp. I never had this happen before and I sure
> don't want it to continue.
>
> Most of the photos I download are to be put into a jigsaw puzzle program
> and this program does NOT like .bmp files. Please, someone, a clue . . .
> Puzzled

Unk

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 21:22:24 -0400, "Puzzled" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Can anyone help me with this - for some unknown reason, whenever I click
>on a photo to save it the save dialog box comes up and only permits the
>file to be saved as *.bmp. I never had this happen before and I sure
>don't want it to continue.
>
>Most of the photos I download are to be put into a jigsaw puzzle program
>and this program does NOT like .bmp files. Please, someone, a clue . . .
>Puzzled

From IE, Click Tools, Internet Options or Start, Settings,
Control Panel, Internet Options, under Tempory Internet Files,
click "Delete Files", check "delete all offline content", click "OK", "OK"
Shutdown IE, and restart it.

Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978

Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=260650

Right-Clicking, Selecting 'Save Picture As' Does Not Save Image with
Correct Extension
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=250747

Q&A: Browser Problems.
http://www.pcbuyersguide.com/solutio...erproblems.htm

Cassie

Thanks, Billh and Unk! Deleting the Temp files worked. Wish I knew why.
Thanks again
"Billh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4105b322$0$28119$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Try clearing your Internet temp files that clears this up most times.
>
> "Puzzled" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Can anyone help me with this - for some unknown reason, whenever I

click
> > on a photo to save it the save dialog box comes up and only permits

the
> > file to be saved as *.bmp. I never had this happen before and I sure
> > don't want it to continue.
> >
> > Most of the photos I download are to be put into a jigsaw puzzle

program
> > and this program does NOT like .bmp files. Please, someone, a clue .

.. .
> > Puzzled

Unk

You're welcome.
How Internet Explorer Cache Settings Affect Web Browsing
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=263070