Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Web Site Probs

Web Site Probs

bronsonn

Hi people I am experimenting with my web site with Alphalink.
I have uploaded a sample page which I can open on my home PC with sound , pics and text.However If I access it from anywhere else I cant get the pics or background .
Any ideas or advice would be helpful.
Thanks in advance
Bronsonn

Steve

"bronsonn" <me@home> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Hi people I am experimenting with my web site with Alphalink.
I have uploaded a sample page which I can open on my home PC with sound
, pics and text.However If I access it from anywhere else I cant get the
pics or background .
Any ideas or advice would be helpful.
Thanks in advance
Bronsonn

A link to the page would help as would NOT posting in html!

Silly Billy

"bronsonn" <me@home> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Hi people I am experimenting with my web site with Alphalink.
I have uploaded a sample page which I can open on my home PC with sound , pics and text.However If I access it from anywhere else I cant get the pics or background .
Any ideas or advice would be helpful.
Thanks in advance
Bronsonn

Without even looking. If you check your html code you will probably find that all the images are linked to your own PC. You will have to change the links to view on your site.

Blinky the Shark

bronsonn wrote:

> ------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C47344.E0F8F940

> Hi people I am experimenting with my web site with Alphalink.

That's a good place to experiment with HTML.

Newsgroups isn't.

http://www.efn.no/html-bad.html

<snip>

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

An Important Health Reminder http://snipurl.com/healthyshark

Blinky the Shark

Silly Billy wrote:

http://www.efn.no/html-bad.html

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

An Important Health Reminder http://snipurl.com/healthyshark

JB

Make a document relative path eg. replace C://My
documents/pictures/yourpic.gif or whatever it is, TO
www.yourservername.com/yourpic.gif
the links point to your pc, point them to the pic's on your server