Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Enlarging text via mouse

Reply
Thread Tools

Enlarging text via mouse

 
 
Sandy Bremmer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-25-2004
I notice that holding the Ctrl key down and moving the mouse roller
changes the size of text on some sites but not on all sites. Any
thoughts on why it doesn't work on sites? Does CSS override it so
that font sizes remain according to the CSS?

Thanks.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-25-2004
Yes, and yes.


On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 16:03:43 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Sandy Bremmer scrawled:

>I notice that holding the Ctrl key down and moving the mouse roller
>changes the size of text on some sites but not on all sites. Any
>thoughts on why it doesn't work on sites? Does CSS override it so
>that font sizes remain according to the CSS?
>
>Thanks.


--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ian Moyce
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-25-2004
?Mike? wrote:

> Yes, and yes.


Oh yes, yes yes YES!!!

Aside: you fag.


 
Reply With Quote
 
geopelia
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-25-2004

"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, and yes.


Sorry to be ignorant, but what is CSS please? Is it the size I set it to
(as for Word)? Mine is set to "Larger".

I receive some mail from Yahoo. I have it in a large size. When click
"reply" though, it goes back to small size and I can't enlarge it.

Thank you. Geopelia
>
>
> On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 16:03:43 GMT, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Sandy Bremmer scrawled:
>
> >I notice that holding the Ctrl key down and moving the mouse roller
> >changes the size of text on some sites but not on all sites. Any
> >thoughts on why it doesn't work on sites? Does CSS override it so
> >that font sizes remain according to the CSS?
> >
> >Thanks.

>
> --
> Basic computer maintenance
> http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html



 
Reply With Quote
 
Rob K
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-25-2004
geopelia wrote :

> Sorry to be ignorant, but what is CSS please? Is it the size I set it to
> (as for Word)? Mine is set to "Larger".
>
> I receive some mail from Yahoo. I have it in a large size. When click
> "reply" though, it goes back to small size and I can't enlarge it.
>
> Thank you. Geopelia
>>


CSS:
http://www.webopaedia.com/TERM/C/CSS.html

Can't help you with the Yahoo thing, sorry.

--
My E-mail address in ROT-13:
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

 
Reply With Quote
 
allan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-25-2004
Sandy Bremmer wrote:
> I notice that holding the Ctrl key down and moving the mouse roller
> changes the size of text on some sites but not on all sites. Any
> thoughts on why it doesn't work on sites? Does CSS override it so
> that font sizes remain according to the CSS?
>
> Thanks.

Get mozilla and configure it to enlarge the whole sites with the m wheel
and alt down.Thats a function of mozilla not of the sites you're on.Work
everywhere.al
great stuff
 
Reply With Quote
 
geopelia
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-26-2004

"Rob K" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> geopelia wrote :
>
> > Sorry to be ignorant, but what is CSS please? Is it the size I set it

to
> > (as for Word)? Mine is set to "Larger".
> >
> > I receive some mail from Yahoo. I have it in a large size. When click
> > "reply" though, it goes back to small size and I can't enlarge it.
> >
> > Thank you. Geopelia
> >>

>
> CSS:
> http://www.webopaedia.com/TERM/C/CSS.html
>
> Can't help you with the Yahoo thing, sorry.
>
> --
> My E-mail address in ROT-13:
> (E-Mail Removed)


Thank you, that is a helpful website.

Geopelia
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
JamesBenson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-29-2004
As far as I could see, mike's mum is his dad and vica versa, well I was
stood next to them


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Heres a mouse theres a mouse what a mouse do? unholy Gaming 37 09-17-2006 08:59 AM
Enlarging Font JCP Firefox 8 11-22-2005 01:01 PM
IE 6 is not enlarging text don Computer Support 3 08-01-2004 03:51 PM
Re: Enlarging images in same window Leif K-Brooks HTML 2 03-04-2004 09:51 PM
enlarging picture Derek HTML 9 09-05-2003 07:30 AM



Advertisments