Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How do I add a user in Windows 2000 Server?

How do I add a user in Windows 2000 Server?

atec

Tim wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 20:59:43 +1000, atec
> <"atec77(notspam)"@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >ok , so what did you screw up ?.

> Well, googling shows that several other people have W2k Server
> installations without this icon, but no solutions. So exactly what I
> screwed up I have no idea - all I did was a completely default
> installation - I didn't change any of the default options during
> installation.

Well have you tried rebooting into a repair option off the cd ?.
I used to use 2k for a lot more but now only have this machine ,
everything else is nix . So I have to admit Im not as close to the coal
face these days .

--

atec

or you could do run/cmd
then set and or help . Ive forgotten how but you should be able to add
a use in dos .

--

Brian

"Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 12:22:32 +0200, "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> >"Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >> This is driving me mad!
> >>
> >> There is no "Users and Passwords" icon in Control-Panel, and I can't
> >> find any other way to add or manipulate user accounts!
> >>
> >> Help!
> >>

> >try using active directory.. sheesh.. if you couldn't even find that

out..
> >get your hands off the keyboard.. NOW:

> Thanks Brian. Tried googling for Active Directory. Loads of nice
> documents telling me what it is and how wonderful it is, then a whole
> bunch of scripts for automatically adding users, but NOTHING tells me
> how to manually add a user via the standard Windows interface!
>
> Can this even be done on an isolated Win2k Server box?

oh and one more thing.. if you are talking about local accounts:
http://www.comptechdoc.org/os/window...kaccounts.html

Tim

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 13:16:42 +0200, "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>oh and one more thing.. if you are talking about local accounts:
>http://www.comptechdoc.org/os/window...kaccounts.html

And we have a winner!

1000 Thanks Brian! You've made my day

Now I'll have to crawl under a rock to hide my embarrasment at not
being able to find that myself

Brian

"Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 13:16:42 +0200, "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> >oh and one more thing.. if you are talking about local accounts:
> >http://www.comptechdoc.org/os/window...kaccounts.html

> And we have a winner!
>
> 1000 Thanks Brian! You've made my day
>
> Now I'll have to crawl under a rock to hide my embarrasment at not
> being able to find that myself

ur welcome..

jj

atec has brought this to us :
> or you could do run/cmd
> then set and or help . Ive forgotten how but you should be able to add
> a use in dos .
>
> Tim wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 20:59:43 +1000, atec
>> <"atec77(notspam)"@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> ok , so what did you screw up ?.

>> Well, googling shows that several other people have W2k Server
>> installations without this icon, but no solutions. So exactly what I
>> screwed up I have no idea - all I did was a completely default
>> installation - I didn't change any of the default options during
>> installation.
>>
>> Any ideas?

No I'm sorry read the manual :-[

--
mbouhahaha

Linda

Tim wrote:

> This is driving me mad!
>
> There is no "Users and Passwords" icon in Control-Panel, and I can't
> find any other way to add or manipulate user accounts!
>
> Help!

I hope you're not a sys admin with a company waiting for you to resolve
their network problems.

Jim Berwick

Linda <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:ffwMc.14678$K53.2228@news-
server.bigpond.net.au:

> I hope you're not a sys admin with a company waiting for you to resolve
> their network problems.

I spoke with the head of IT from a company who needed help finding his
domains MX records. I mean, seriously:

nslookup
set type=mx
domain.com

The guy probably makes $100,000 a year more than me, and he needs help
finding domain records.

Tim

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 16:37:31 GMT, Linda <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I hope you're not a sys admin with a company waiting for you to resolve
>their network problems.

I'm not, and I never said I was. What is your point exactly???

Jim Berwick

Tim <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:4597g01ilkjr1hplhc9e6fb2vqik779ftv@
4ax.com:

> I'm not, and I never said I was. What is your point exactly???

Not to start anything, but I think his point is if you can't find the place
to add a user, you shouldn't even be touching the server.