Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How do I add a user in Windows 2000 Server?

How do I add a user in Windows 2000 Server?

Tim

This is driving me mad!

There is no "Users and Passwords" icon in Control-Panel, and I can't
find any other way to add or manipulate user accounts!

Help!

Brian

"Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This is driving me mad!
>
> There is no "Users and Passwords" icon in Control-Panel, and I can't
> find any other way to add or manipulate user accounts!
>
> Help!

try using active directory.. sheesh.. if you couldn't even find that out..
get your hands off the keyboard.. NOW:

atec

..settings/controlpanel/users+passwords
now do you really want to touch that machine ?
I hope you can find your own arse .

--

Tim

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 12:22:32 +0200, "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> This is driving me mad!
>>
>> There is no "Users and Passwords" icon in Control-Panel, and I can't
>> find any other way to add or manipulate user accounts!
>>
>> Help!
>>

>try using active directory.. sheesh.. if you couldn't even find that out..
>get your hands off the keyboard.. NOW:

Thanks Brian. Tried googling for Active Directory. Loads of nice
documents telling me what it is and how wonderful it is, then a whole
bunch of scripts for automatically adding users, but NOTHING tells me
how to manually add a user via the standard Windows interface!

Can this even be done on an isolated Win2k Server box?

Tim

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 20:37:46 +1000, atec
<"atec77(notspam)"@hotmail.com> wrote:

>.settings/controlpanel/users+passwords
> now do you really want to touch that machine ?
> I hope you can find your own arse .

Please re-read the original post -

"THERE IS NO "USERS AND PASSWORDS" ICON IN CONTROL PANEL".

Thanks.

atec

ok , so what did you screw up ?.

--

Brian

"Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 12:22:32 +0200, "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> >"Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >> This is driving me mad!
> >>
> >> There is no "Users and Passwords" icon in Control-Panel, and I can't
> >> find any other way to add or manipulate user accounts!
> >>
> >> Help!
> >>

> >try using active directory.. sheesh.. if you couldn't even find that

out..
> >get your hands off the keyboard.. NOW:

> Thanks Brian. Tried googling for Active Directory. Loads of nice
> documents telling me what it is and how wonderful it is, then a whole
> bunch of scripts for automatically adding users, but NOTHING tells me
> how to manually add a user via the standard Windows interface!
>
> Can this even be done on an isolated Win2k Server box?

first you need AD installed..see:
http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_instal...ory_on_w2k.htm
adding users to AD
http://www.visualwin.com/New-User-AD/

Tim

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 13:01:12 +0200, "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Thanks Brian. Tried googling for Active Directory. Loads of nice
>> documents telling me what it is and how wonderful it is, then a whole
>> bunch of scripts for automatically adding users, but NOTHING tells me
>> how to manually add a user via the standard Windows interface!
>>
>> Can this even be done on an isolated Win2k Server box?
>>

>first you need AD installed..see:
>http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_instal...ory_on_w2k.htm

Does that mean I do not have to install it? I would prefer not to
install it if it is not completely necessary - all I want is an
additional user that isn't an administrator.

Many thanks for your help - it's much appreciated.

Tim

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 20:59:43 +1000, atec
<"atec77(notspam)"@hotmail.com> wrote:

>ok , so what did you screw up ?.

Well, googling shows that several other people have W2k Server
installations without this icon, but no solutions. So exactly what I
screwed up I have no idea - all I did was a completely default
installation - I didn't change any of the default options during
installation.

Any ideas?

atec

Tim wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 13:01:12 +0200, "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >> Thanks Brian. Tried googling for Active Directory. Loads of nice
> >> documents telling me what it is and how wonderful it is, then a whole
> >> bunch of scripts for automatically adding users, but NOTHING tells me
> >> how to manually add a user via the standard Windows interface!
> >>
> >> Can this even be done on an isolated Win2k Server box?
> >>

> >first you need AD installed..see:
> >http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_instal...ory_on_w2k.htm

> Does that mean I do not have to install it? I would prefer not to
> install it if it is not completely necessary - all I want is an
> additional user that isn't an administrator.
>
> Many thanks for your help - it's much appreciated.

well it should have the icon , one would normally just do a cd repair
option on a reboot ,