Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Q: Why Netscape password manager won't keep Yahoo password?

Q: Why Netscape password manager won't keep Yahoo password?

Kompu Kid

How do I get Netscape Password Manager to remember my password?

The password manager does not even come up when I enter my password.

Is there a way of putting it manually?

Deguza
(Using Netscape 7.1 on Windows 2000 Pro.)

Chris I

Kompu Kid spoke thusly:
> How do I get Netscape Password Manager to remember my password?
>
> The password manager does not even come up when I enter my password.
>
> Is there a way of putting it manually?
>
> Deguza
> (Using Netscape 7.1 on Windows 2000 Pro.)

Follow-up set to netscape.public.general.

The Yahoo login page is coded to disable *any* browser from
automatically filling in the password.

--
Chris I - Mozilla Champion
Netscape/Mozilla Links <http://ilias.ca>

fmav@ihug.co.nz

Hi,

Have you checked your cookie settings?
I am running the same netscape and I get two invitations to save my
passwords. But there might be something in the Yahoo answer Yahoo
is a pain in the but . Special with being the source of Spam.

Thank you
fmav

Chris I <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Kompu Kid spoke thusly:
> > How do I get Netscape Password Manager to remember my password?
> >
> > The password manager does not even come up when I enter my password.
> >
> > Is there a way of putting it manually?
> >
> > Deguza
> > (Using Netscape 7.1 on Windows 2000 Pro.)

> Follow-up set to netscape.public.general.
>
> The Yahoo login page is coded to disable *any* browser from
> automatically filling in the password.

On an alternate computer, I somehow got Netscape to remember the
password.

I wonder if I can rig the password page and enable Netscape to
remember the password.

Alternately, is there an editor that would enable me to manually add a
password? What is the name of the file that has all these passwords?

Thanks!

Deguza

Chris I

_Kompu Kid_ spoke thusly:

>>>How do I get Netscape Password Manager to remember my password?
>>>
>>>The password manager does not even come up when I enter my password.
>>>
>>>Is there a way of putting it manually?
>>>
>>>Deguza
>>>(Using Netscape 7.1 on Windows 2000 Pro.)
>>>

>>Follow-up set to netscape.public.general.
>>
>>The Yahoo login page is coded to disable *any* browser from
>>automatically filling in the password.
>>

>On an alternate computer, I somehow got Netscape to remember the
>password.
>
>I wonder if I can rig the password page and enable Netscape to
>remember the password.

Many websites disable autocompletion for security reasons; so in order
to for Netscape to override it, you'll need to have data encryption
enabled. To enable data encryption, go to Edit -> Preferences -> Privacy
& Security -> Passwords, and check mark "Use encryption when storing
sensitive data."

Then add the following line to your user.js
<http://ilias.ca/userjs.html> file:

user_pref("wallet.crypto.autocompleteoverride", true);

Or you can enter about:config
<http://www.mozillazine.org/misc/about:config/> in the location bar.
Search for the preference wallet.crypto.autocompleteoverride.
Modify the value to true.

If you don't want to enable data encryption, you can also try a
bookmarklet from Squarefree Bookmarklets
<http://ilias.ca/netscape/browserfaq/#bookmarklets>.

>Alternately, is there an editor that would enable me to manually add a
>password? What is the name of the file that has all these passwords?

http://www.holgermetzger.de/pdl.html

Follow-up set to netscape.public.general. (again) Does your news client
not recognize the "Followup-to" header?

--
Chris I - Mozilla Champion
Netscape/Mozilla Links <http://ilias.ca>

Wai Doan Hsu

Chris I <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> _Kompu Kid_ spoke thusly:

[snip]
> Many websites disable autocompletion for security reasons; so in order
> to for Netscape to override it, you'll need to have data encryption
> enabled. To enable data encryption, go to Edit -> Preferences -> Privacy
> & Security -> Passwords, and check mark "Use encryption when storing
> sensitive data."
>
> Then add the following line to your user.js
> <http://ilias.ca/userjs.html> file:
>
> user_pref("wallet.crypto.autocompleteoverride", true);
>
> Or you can enter about:config
> <http://www.mozillazine.org/misc/about:config/> in the location bar.
> Search for the preference wallet.crypto.autocompleteoverride.
> Modify the value to true.
>
> If you don't want to enable data encryption, you can also try a
> bookmarklet from Squarefree Bookmarklets
> <http://ilias.ca/netscape/browserfaq/#bookmarklets>.

I have a similar problem, and I can't figure out what's going on.

For this URL:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?N206214F8

I am not seeing any autocomplete=off, and steps I take to save the
password are not working. I'm using Mozilla 1.7.1.

What am I missing?