Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Open source messenger software for corporate use ?

Open source messenger software for corporate use ?

Rick Blythin

Can anyone recommend a messenger package that has versions for PC, Macintosh
and Linux. But in it's terms of use doesn't state it can't be used for
corporate use ?. I looked into MSN but Microsoft informed me:

--
No solicitation will be tolerated with Messenger. This does not mean that
you can not use it for troubleshooting purposes though. To help people is

I'd rather try and source another program that I can use for corporate use.

Any suggestions would be great.

Rick

pcbutts1

Jabber http://www.jabber.org/software/clients.php

"Rick Blythin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6T_Lc.10764$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Can anyone recommend a messenger package that has versions for PC,

Macintosh
> and Linux. But in it's terms of use doesn't state it can't be used for
> corporate use ?. I looked into MSN but Microsoft informed me:
>
> --
> No solicitation will be tolerated with Messenger. This does not mean that
> you can not use it for troubleshooting purposes though. To help people is
> not a violation of the Terms of Use, but to ask them buy your product or

> pay for your service is a violation. All it takes is one person to report
> you as "soliciting" and that could ban your use of messenger. With this

in
> mind the decision is yours as to use Messenger or not. I would advise to
> review the Terms of Use on the help menu of Messenger to answer any
> questions that you may have.
> --
>
> I'd rather try and source another program that I can use for corporate

use.

> Any suggestions would be great.
>
> Rick

Rick Blythin

Thanks for the link it was very helpful.

news:sN%Lc.10580$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...
> Jabber http://www.jabber.org/software/clients.php

> "Rick Blythin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:6T_Lc.10764$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> > Can anyone recommend a messenger package that has versions for PC,

> Macintosh
> > and Linux. But in it's terms of use doesn't state it can't be used for
> > corporate use ?. I looked into MSN but Microsoft informed me:
> >
> > --
> > No solicitation will be tolerated with Messenger. This does not mean

that
> > you can not use it for troubleshooting purposes though. To help people

is
> > not a violation of the Terms of Use, but to ask them buy your product or

> > pay for your service is a violation. All it takes is one person to

report
> > you as "soliciting" and that could ban your use of messenger. With this

> in
> > mind the decision is yours as to use Messenger or not. I would advise

> > review the Terms of Use on the help menu of Messenger to answer any
> > questions that you may have.
> > --
> >
> > I'd rather try and source another program that I can use for corporate

> use.
> >
> > Any suggestions would be great.
> >
> > Rick

pcbutts1