Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Email addy mungeing

Email addy mungeing

°Mike°

There's a simple solution ... munge your email
address properly. Read and digest:

Address Munging FAQ Spam-Blocking Your Email Address

Address Munging FAQ Spam-Blocking Your Email Address
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/net-abuse-faq/munging-address/

Hide your email address
http://www.ecofuture.org/jmnews.html#hide

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 22:48:58 GMT, in
<uvXLc.529$(E-Mail Removed)>
Budweiser scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Brian

"Budweiser" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uvXLc.529$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Must have taken with a real retentive attitude to report or even bother

with this

Would you be upset if someone was posting in newsgroups using your email
thus causing you to get insane amounts of spam mail?

°Mike°

What a stupid attitude.

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 23:08:06 GMT, in
<qNXLc.157$(E-Mail Removed)>
Budweiser scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Blinky the Shark

Budweiser wrote:
> Woke up this morning to a nice letter from NTL.
> Ref Domain inpersonation etc --sent via the AUP (acceptable use
> policy )department
> What i thought was a throw-away fake address, to avoid the spam
> spiders/robots--turns out to be someones domain!!

Happens all of the time. Glad someone (NTL) is doing something about
it. It's pretty obviously abuse of someone else's property.

> Kinda wierd as i have used --first three letters of handle @glass vessel dot
> com for years.
> Must have taken with a real retentive attitude to report or even bother with
> this----only site i can find shows a few pictures of plastic bottles
> just be aware folks--ensure your "mungeing" does not infringe on someones
> (hmm) registered domain.

That's where the .invalid TLD is useful.

> When a confessed or acknowleged coward [Craven] wants to play fowl
> [Birds]----remember ther is always a falconer ready to take you down
> budweiser

Bet he's really scared, now.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

New Pieces of Shakespeare Manuscript Found Near Salt Lake City USA
Sorry - penguins only: http://snipurl.com/scolius (at blinkynet)

Budweiser

Woke up this morning to a nice letter from NTL.
Ref Domain inpersonation etc --sent via the AUP (acceptable use
policy )department
What i thought was a throw-away fake address, to avoid the spam
spiders/robots--turns out to be someones domain!!
Kinda wierd as i have used --first three letters of handle @glass vessel dot
com for years.
Must have taken with a real retentive attitude to report or even bother with
this----only site i can find shows a few pictures of plastic bottles
just be aware folks--ensure your "mungeing" does not infringe on someones
(hmm) registered domain.

When a confessed or acknowleged coward [Craven] wants to play fowl
[Birds]----remember ther is always a falconer ready to take you down
budweiser

Budweiser

nahh--can not be bothered---just going to let the mail server fill up
the advice and the sites are a valuable resource for those that care anymore
if we all did the same the isp folks may start doing something about spam
etc

> There's a simple solution ... munge your email
> address properly. Read and digest:
>
> Address Munging FAQ Spam-Blocking Your Email Address
> http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html
>
> Address Munging FAQ Spam-Blocking Your Email Address
> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/net-abuse-faq/munging-address/
>
> Hide your email address
> http://www.ecofuture.org/jmnews.html#hide
>

> On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 22:48:58 GMT, in
> <uvXLc.529$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Budweiser scrawled:
>
> >Woke up this morning to a nice letter from NTL.
> >Ref Domain inpersonation etc --sent via the AUP (acceptable use
> >policy )department
> >What i thought was a throw-away fake address, to avoid the spam
> >spiders/robots--turns out to be someones domain!!
> >Kinda wierd as i have used --first three letters of handle @glass vessel

dot
> >com for years.
> >Must have taken with a real retentive attitude to report or even bother

with
> >this----only site i can find shows a few pictures of plastic bottles
> >just be aware folks--ensure your "mungeing" does not infringe on someones
> >(hmm) registered domain.
> >
> >When a confessed or acknowleged coward [Craven] wants to play fowl
> >[Birds]----remember ther is always a falconer ready to take you down
> >budweiser
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

Budweiser

really do not care anymore--fill it up
addy has always had inordanant amount of "spam" whats a few more?

news:BQWLc.55578$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Budweiser" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:uvXLc.529$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Must have taken with a real retentive attitude to report or even bother

> with this
>

> Would you be upset if someone was posting in newsgroups using your email
> thus causing you to get insane amounts of spam mail?

doS

You also have the name of a beer.........

"Budweiser" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uvXLc.529$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Woke up this morning to a nice letter from NTL.
> Ref Domain inpersonation etc --sent via the AUP (acceptable use
> policy )department
> What i thought was a throw-away fake address, to avoid the spam
> spiders/robots--turns out to be someones domain!!
> Kinda wierd as i have used --first three letters of handle @glass vessel

dot
> com for years.
> Must have taken with a real retentive attitude to report or even bother

with
> this----only site i can find shows a few pictures of plastic bottles
> just be aware folks--ensure your "mungeing" does not infringe on someones
> (hmm) registered domain.
>
> When a confessed or acknowleged coward [Craven] wants to play fowl
> [Birds]----remember ther is always a falconer ready to take you down
> budweiser

Himalayan sushie

°Mike°, after spending 3 minutes figuring out which end of the pen to use,
wrote:

> What a stupid attitude.

Translation: You didn't take my advice. I now consider you my enemy and I will
show you what a **** I am and will bitch and cry and **** about you forever and
ever. Nyah!