Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > WIN XP Home to Pro upgrade

WIN XP Home to Pro upgrade

Daniel Dravot

Can I install XP Pro over XP Home- or do I need to (or should I) reformat
and do a clean install?

Dan'l?

The Prophecy

Daniel Dravot wrote:
> Can I install XP Pro over XP Home- or do I need to (or should I)
> reformat and do a clean install?
>
> Dan'l?

I would recommend that you wipe your drive and do a clean install, however
doing an upgrade from XP Home to XP Pro can be done sucsessfully.

Lindsay Heinz

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 20:33:17 GMT, the usually melodious but now fading
voice of The Prophecy could be heard whispering ....

>Daniel Dravot wrote:
>> Can I install XP Pro over XP Home- or do I need to (or should I)
>> reformat and do a clean install?
>>
>> Dan'l?

>I would recommend that you wipe your drive and do a clean install, however
>doing an upgrade from XP Home to XP Pro can be done sucsessfully.

Concur. Start afresh with XP Pro.
--

Lindsay.