Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > help-resize windows permanently Win XP

help-resize windows permanently Win XP

Rtavi

This probably sounds stupid but I cant find an answer in the help menus. As
of this morning every time I start IE the window is very tiny and I have to
click on the maximize button to open it up large enough to use. Each
subsequent window is also tiny I can click on the title bar and then do the
size think where you stretch the window wider but when I go to open a window
again its small again. When I get the IE window resized larger thenturn the
computer off it's small again when I start up how can I specify what size I
want the windows to be and have them stay that way when reopened?

°Mike°

Close all instances of Internet Explorer except one. Open a new
window, and close the original. Type (case sensitive) the
following into the address bar (where XXX,XXX is your screen
resolution), and press ENTER:

javascript:moveTo(0,0);resizeTo(XXX,XXX)

When the new window re-sizes, hold the CTRL key and close the
window. New windows should now open at full size, with everything
visible.

Example, if your screen is set at 800 x 600:

javascript:moveTo(0,0);resizeTo(800,600)

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:04:43 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Rtavi scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Rtavi

Thanks for the help
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Close all instances of Internet Explorer except one. Open a new
> window, and close the original. Type (case sensitive) the
> following into the address bar (where XXX,XXX is your screen
> resolution), and press ENTER:
>
> javascript:moveTo(0,0);resizeTo(XXX,XXX)
>
> When the new window re-sizes, hold the CTRL key and close the
> window. New windows should now open at full size, with everything
> visible.
>
> Example, if your screen is set at 800 x 600:
>
> javascript:moveTo(0,0);resizeTo(800,600)
>

> On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:04:43 -0500, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Rtavi scrawled:
>
> >This probably sounds stupid but I cant find an answer in the help menus.

As
> >of this morning every time I start IE the window is very tiny and I have

> >click on the maximize button to open it up large enough to use. Each
> >subsequent window is also tiny I can click on the title bar and then do

the
> >size think where you stretch the window wider but when I go to open a

window
> >again its small again. When I get the IE window resized larger thenturn

the
> >computer off it's small again when I start up how can I specify what size

> >want the windows to be and have them stay that way when reopened?
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

You're welcome.

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 22:20:40 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Rtavi scrawled:

>Thanks for the help

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Close all instances of Internet Explorer except one. Open a new
>> window, and close the original. Type (case sensitive) the
>> following into the address bar (where XXX,XXX is your screen
>> resolution), and press ENTER:
>>
>> javascript:moveTo(0,0);resizeTo(XXX,XXX)
>>
>> When the new window re-sizes, hold the CTRL key and close the
>> window. New windows should now open at full size, with everything
>> visible.
>>
>> Example, if your screen is set at 800 x 600:
>>
>> javascript:moveTo(0,0);resizeTo(800,600)

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

Hockey Buff

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 04:31:41 +0100, °Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>You're welcome.
>

>On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 22:20:40 -0500, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Rtavi scrawled:
>
>>Thanks for the help
>>
>>"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Close all instances of Internet Explorer except one. Open a new
>>> window, and close the original. Type (case sensitive) the
>>> following into the address bar (where XXX,XXX is your screen
>>> resolution), and press ENTER:
>>>
>>> javascript:moveTo(0,0);resizeTo(XXX,XXX)
>>>
>>> When the new window re-sizes, hold the CTRL key and close the
>>> window. New windows should now open at full size, with everything
>>> visible.
>>>
>>> Example, if your screen is set at 800 x 600:
>>>
>>> javascript:moveTo(0,0);resizeTo(800,600)

Will this work as well with other applications? Calendar 200X, for
example, opens to less than 1/4 of the screen area and offers
no resizing features.

Thanks.

Pofadda

Hockey Buff wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 04:31:41 +0100, °Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>You're welcome.

[snip]

> Will this work as well with other applications? Calendar 200X, for
> example, opens to less than 1/4 of the screen area and offers
> no resizing features.

Have you tried it??
I did on IE6 and found (as I expected) that however I close it, it opens
with the same dimensions and position. Why doesn't Rtavi's? Is it on a
network where some BOFH has 'policied' it to do this silly thing?

°Mike°

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:30:02 -0400, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Hockey Buff scrawled:

>On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 04:31:41 +0100, °Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>You're welcome.
>>

>>On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 22:20:40 -0500, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Rtavi scrawled:
>>
>>>Thanks for the help
>>>
>>>"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>Will this work as well with other applications? Calendar 200X, for
>example, opens to less than 1/4 of the screen area and offers
>no resizing features.
>
>Thanks.

No; it works in IE because IE renders javascript.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Hockey Buff

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 22:49:10 +0100, °Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:30:02 -0400, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Hockey Buff scrawled:
>
>>On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 04:31:41 +0100, °Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>You're welcome.
>>>

>>>On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 22:20:40 -0500, in
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>> Rtavi scrawled:

>>Will this work as well with other applications? Calendar 200X, for
>>example, opens to less than 1/4 of the screen area and offers
>>no resizing features.
>>
>>Thanks.

>No; it works in IE because IE renders javascript.

Thanks!

°Mike°

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 22:19:39 -0400, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Hockey Buff scrawled:

>On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 22:49:10 +0100, °Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:

<snip>

>>No; it works in IE because IE renders javascript.

>Thanks!

You're welcome.

--
Basic computer maintenance