Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Looking for a NON thermal single lable printer

Looking for a NON thermal single lable printer

Blinky the Shark

Toolman Tim wrote:

> Okay - ya got me there <g>! But it isn't ink in the same format that most
> printers use. Nor is it water soluable, so it's good for almost all uses.
> It's even possible to get label stock that is weatherproof.

Stick to your guns -- it's pigmented wax.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

New Pieces of Shakespeare Manuscript Found Near Salt Lake City USA
Sorry - penguins only: http://snipurl.com/scolius (at blinkynet)

WormWood

We use a similar process at work for heart monitoring. A thermal stylus
passes over a specially treated paper tape to show the monitor tracing
in the so familiar up/down pattern. <3

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sort of - it's real ink, in a wax base, so the wax melts by the

thermal
> printhead, sticking nicely to the paper. The plastic ribbon remains

behind.
> The same technology is used in some plain-paper faxes - our Panasonic

at
> work, for example, uses that.
>
> "doS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)
> >| the ribbon is wax-based ink ?
> >|
> >| "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

message
> >| news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >| > >|

months
> >| > >| > >|

not
> >| > >| > >|
> >| > >| > >|

some

print,

batches.

> --
> "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where
> THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

Toolman Tim

"WormWood" <jojo@..com-de-com.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
>| We use a similar process at work for heart monitoring. A thermal
>| stylus passes over a specially treated paper tape to show the
>| monitor tracing in the so familiar up/down pattern. <3

VERY cool! No worry about the pens running out of ink.

WormWood

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "WormWood" <jojo@..com-de-com.com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)
> >| We use a similar process at work for heart monitoring. A thermal
> >| stylus passes over a specially treated paper tape to show the
> >| monitor tracing in the so familiar up/down pattern. <3
> >|

> VERY cool! No worry about the pens running out of ink.

Now, if someone could find a tape that doesn't have to be replaced
daily, frequently more often, *That* would be cool.

pablito pablito is offline
Junior Member

I've been looking for some kind of printer that can create something that could work as a rub-on transfer and wonder if these thermal wax printers would work if printed on something slick like a transparency sheet. There are ways of creating decals on printers but I don't want that since I would be using the rub-on impression as a resist. I've heard about people transferring ordinary toner to pc boards but that won't work for me since I'm not transferring the print to flat surfaces.