Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Two Printers on Same PC?

Two Printers on Same PC?

Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

Is it possible to operate two colour printers (one via USB - one via
parallel port) at the same on a PC running Windows XP Professional? Can
they both print different tasks/files at the same time? Often times at work
I am swamped with work and could really use to hook up a 2nd printer and be
able to print colour separations (13 x 19) to one printer while printing
letters, ads or other tasks to a second printer (8 x 11 in either colour or
B/W).

Thanks!!

--
Kyle

$1million US dollars to sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change the
reply. Money gets faster attention ;o)

DC

Sens Fan Happy In Ohio wrote:
> Is it possible to operate two colour printers (one via USB - one via
> parallel port) at the same on a PC running Windows XP Professional? Can
> they both print different tasks/files at the same time? Often times at work
> I am swamped with work and could really use to hook up a 2nd printer and be
> able to print colour separations (13 x 19) to one printer while printing
> letters, ads or other tasks to a second printer (8 x 11 in either colour or
> B/W).

> Thanks!!

Yes.

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

Sonic

Shouldn't be an issue.

--
BOINC Team -
http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/team...?teamid=112938

"Sens Fan Happy In Ohio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40fda6bb$0$91742$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> Is it possible to operate two colour printers (one via USB - one via
> parallel port) at the same on a PC running Windows XP Professional? Can
> they both print different tasks/files at the same time? Often times at
> work
> I am swamped with work and could really use to hook up a 2nd printer and
> be
> able to print colour separations (13 x 19) to one printer while printing
> letters, ads or other tasks to a second printer (8 x 11 in either colour
> or
> B/W).
>
> Thanks!!
>
> --
> Kyle
>
> Reply address is fake. Please send all praise, abuse, insults, bequests of
> $1million US dollars to sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change the
> obvious to the obvious. Oh, and if you must abuse or insult, don't expect
> reply. Money gets faster attention ;o)

Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor

I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Tue,
20 Jul 2004 19:11:54 -0400, "Sens Fan Happy In Ohio"
<(E-Mail Removed)> screamed from behind the mulberry bush:

>Is it possible to operate two colour printers (one via USB - one via
>parallel port) at the same on a PC running Windows XP Professional? Can
>they both print different tasks/files at the same time? Often times at work
>I am swamped with work and could really use to hook up a 2nd printer and be
>able to print colour separations (13 x 19) to one printer while printing
>letters, ads or other tasks to a second printer (8½ x 11 in either colour or
>B/W).
>
>Thanks!!

Ues, you can but when it's printing, it'll probably slow your PC down
to a crawl, depending of course on how much RAM you have and how fast
the CPU is. If you want, you can put both printers on USB ports.
Parallel ports aren't as fast and they consume more resources on your
PC.

Dr Harvie Wahl-Banghor

DennisC

"Sens Fan Happy In Ohio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40fda6bb$0$91742$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> Is it possible to operate two colour printers (one via USB - one via
> parallel port) at the same on a PC running Windows XP Professional? Can
> they both print different tasks/files at the same time? Often times at

work
> I am swamped with work and could really use to hook up a 2nd printer and

be
> able to print colour separations (13 x 19) to one printer while printing
> letters, ads or other tasks to a second printer (8 x 11 in either colour

or
> B/W).
>
> Thanks!!
>
> --
> Kyle
>
> Reply address is fake. Please send all praise, abuse, insults, bequests of
> $1million US dollars to sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change the
> obvious to the obvious. Oh, and if you must abuse or insult, don't expect

> reply. Money gets faster attention ;o)

Hello,
Yes, you can have two printers, one parallel and one USB.
Printing at the same time may generate print spooler errors. They only
way to find out is to try it. A color sep will definately keep the spooler
busy. It it does generate errors, set the second printer to print directly
to the printer.
P.s. If you work by the hour, forget the second printer...Heh Heh
DennisC

Scribner

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is it possible to operate two colour printers (one via USB - one via
>parallel port) at the same on a PC running Windows XP Professional? Can
>they both print different tasks/files at the same time? Often times at work
>I am swamped with work and could really use to hook up a 2nd printer and be
>able to print colour separations (13 x 19) to one printer while printing
>letters, ads or other tasks to a second printer (8 x 11 in either colour or
>B/W).
>
>Thanks!!

I'm running two. One USB and one Parallel. I just can't print both
at the same time.