Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Bus stops on pedestrian crossing

Bus stops on pedestrian crossing

Paul Blarmy

Why is it that bus stops can be situated *on* the zig zag lines of a
pedestrian crossing? Surely this is wrong?

--
EMail address is disposable and NEVER checked.
Outgoing message is certified VIRUS FREE by

Paul Blarmy

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:50:11 GMT, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?= wrote...

> > Why is it that bus stops can be situated *on* the zig zag lines of a
> > pedestrian crossing? Surely this is wrong?

> Ask at your town hall, they can do whatever they want,

If I stop on a zig zag I am liable to get a fine and points on my licence
as it is considered hazardous to stop so close to the pedestrian crossing
- yet buses (much bigger than a car) can stop with the fuill approval of
whoever planned the bus stop to be there.

It's a mockery!

--
EMail address is disposable and NEVER checked.
Outgoing message is certified VIRUS FREE by
*me* using nothing more than common sense.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

Paul Blarmy wrote:
> Why is it that bus stops can be situated *on* the zig zag lines of a
> pedestrian crossing? Surely this is wrong?

Ask at your town hall, they can do whatever they want, including
"thinking" a car is "abandoned" (a residents car in a residents parking
bay) and then taking it away and destroying it.

gruffydd

the positioning of bus stops is decided by a 'committee' made up of a rep
from everyone bar the actual user, the man in the street. Police, Councils
[district and county], ROAD SAFETY people. many heads=no brains
same with lights on the exit of a roundabout

John Steelton

Paul Blarmy wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:50:11 GMT, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=
> wrote...
>
>>> Why is it that bus stops can be situated *on* the zig zag lines
>>> of a pedestrian crossing? Surely this is wrong?

>> Ask at your town hall, they can do whatever they want,

> If I stop on a zig zag I am liable to get a fine and points on my
> licence as it is considered hazardous to stop so close to the
> pedestrian crossing - yet buses (much bigger than a car) can stop
> with the fuill approval of whoever planned the bus stop to be there.
>
> It's a mockery!

I'm sure that whining about it on Usenet will quickly fix the problem.
Have you tried stamping your feet and holding your breath?

Paul Blarmy

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 00:40:08 -0600, John Steelton wrote...

> I'm sure that whining about it on Usenet will quickly fix the problem.
> Have you tried stamping your feet and holding your breath?

Not yet. Nice one John, thanks for the suggestion. If it works I'll tell
everyone what a jolly splendid chap you are.