Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > lock window positions

lock window positions

°Mike°

Somebody who actually *likes* pop ups! WOW!

It depends on whether the javascript in the web page
is positioning the pop ups or not.

What screen resolution are you using?

What position do new windows (CTRL+N) open in?

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 18:57:33 GMT, in
<xWdLc.230$(E-Mail Removed)>
Leonard Rowe scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

It may be that the web pages you are using use
javascript to open the popups to a certain place
and size. Try this:

Close all instances of Internet Explorer except one.
Open a new window, and close the original.
Type (case sensitive) the following into the address
bar.
XXX,XXX is your preferred position.
YYY,YYY is your preferred window size.

javascript:moveTo(XXX,XXX);resizeTo(YYY,YYY)

Press ENTER.

When the new window re-sizes, hold the CTRL key and
close the window. New windows should now open at
your preferred position and size.

Examples:
javascript:moveTo(0,0);resizeTo(800,600)
javascript:moveTo(100,0);resizeTo(640,480)

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:34:28 GMT, in
<8teLc.371$(E-Mail Removed)>
Leonard Rowe scrawled:

>I'm using 1024*768 .Ctrl new opens a new window full screen which I can
>minimize to the size I want ,but I can't lock it so that it minimizes to my
>preferred position .It seems to minimize to the position windows chooses
>each time

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Somebody who actually *likes* pop ups! WOW!
>>
>> It depends on whether the javascript in the web page
>> is positioning the pop ups or not.
>>
>> What screen resolution are you using?
>>
>> What position do new windows (CTRL+N) open in?
>>

>> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 18:57:33 GMT, in
>> <xWdLc.230$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Leonard Rowe scrawled:
>>
>> >I visit some websites that have useful helper pop up windows . However

>they
>> >seem to be opening off the side of my monitor screen and I have to drag

>them
>> >into the middle of the screen each time they open to see them properly .

>Is
>> >there way of locking the window position so it opens in the place I want

>it
>> >Thanks for any advice
>> >

>> --
>> Basic computer maintenance